Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the FDA Press Conference today, poultry farms in Indiana received and used contaminated feed. The chicken has already gone to market and been eaten already by consumers. And once again the FDA is 'reassuring' us we have nothing to worry about because:
1) The feed was very diluted with the contaminated product (melamine)
2) Since we have a varied diet, we probably did not eat enough of the contaminated chicken for it to be a problem.....
:roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since EARLY FEBRUARY!

I am so glad I am not pregnant right now...
and there are lot's of children who like to eat ONE main thing in their diet and I am know my young son eats ALOT of chicken...I for one am not very reassured by the FDA lame assurances....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Becky....let's start a farm...you milk the cows, i'll chase and feed the chickens. Pigs are funny so i'll take care of them...YOU dodge the rooster and i'll get the eggs in the morning.
You can have a veggie garden with me ONLY if you do organic only and companion planting thus NO pesticides

we'll have a few alpacas too ...wanna spin the wool for me? as i am allergic to doggy hair so NO dog sweaters.

what else?? OH i know how to grow veggies indoors during winters to have fresh tomotoes and herbs , peppers etc.

potatoes are easy. we can freeze the corn and blueberries easily along with spinach.

hmmm i know of anothr house for sale with 10acres that leads to the creek too like mine...only 2houses over and our yards meet half way but have total privacy.

sound good?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey, Annmarie, I'll volunteer the horse manure for your garden, chemical free from the word go, only non toxic wormers used around here... Come and get it!

If I ever get the coyotes fenced out, I'm planning a couple of laying hens, but don't think I could slaughter my little pals. You can keep the roosters... they start crowing at about 4 in the morning!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
yes but the roooosters kinds make the chickens lay eggs better :wink: hell put the rooster down by the creek or better yet...does any stud out their rooster? :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH YES a block away is much better!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I've milked cows before but with a machine, not by hand. I've also raised a garden for many years, but got out of the habit when we moved to Kansas. The weather out here is quite different than what we're used to and haven't had much success unless you water a lot, and even then it's a crap shoot. 100 degree heat is a killer to tomatoes. Couldn't even buy any here last year at the farmer's markets.

As for hogs, we used to butcher our own and render the lard and all the stuff that goes along with it. used to make a big party out of it and invite friends, fry up the "mountain oysters" plus have a bunch of help.

I've not done chickens before, but Dave has. Should we grow our own corn for feed?

Cinnamon could teach Max & Peanut how to roll in the manure. What fun!! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts