Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No... but I was wondering the same thing. Maybe we need to organize something?

I'm in Oak Park. Where are you?

Deb

·
Registered
972 Posts
There is a romp in the Chicago area.
Illinois Chicago Romp at Lakewood dog park in Wauconda, Lake Country Forest Preserve on the last weekend of each month 2007 - Click here for more information http://www.goldendoodles.com/doodleromp ... invite.htm
I ahve not gone in awhile, but they do have one!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deb, I'm in Schaumburg, might be fun to see the dogs playing after a snow. And thanks Shannon, I will look into that romp you mentioned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I just checked the map on that romp in Wauconda and it is very close to where I live, maybe 20 minutes away. It would be a great opportunity to socialize Winston with other dogs and people. I think I may just try it out at the end of the month, heres to hoping for good weather!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think I've seen that romp information before but the site hasn't been updated since May. It lists the May romp for the 20th which is NOT the last weekend of the month. Maybe they moved it for Memorial Day? The last Sunday in November is right after Thanksgiving and we'll still be out of town.

Chad, or anyone else, if you decide to attend, please report back! And take some pictures. :)

Deb

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if there is an organizer to call to see if it is still happening this month. I didn't see any numbers to call for anyone.

Chad

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We didn't make it but we have others and the dogs have a great time. It is such a hike we can't always make it work. The dog park is huge and beautiful. We will make it to a spring one. I think if you check out our photobucket you can see photos for past romps. We l to meet more doodles from our area! :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My family and I were going to go to the dog park listed for the romp last weekend but it just got too cold. I live less then 30 minutes away so it is not a huge trip for me. I may try to make it this Sunday if the weather warms up at all.

Chad

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It is not close by me so we probably won't make it until it warms up a bit. I want to be able to fully embrace the experience!

I'll be looking for updates.

Deb

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Could someone send me information about the spring romps? Now that the weather is nicer, we'd like to attend.

Deb

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I received this info about the April romp:

Looking forward to seeing you at the next romp! Romps are held on the last weekend of each month beginning at 11 a.m. They are on Saturdays in the even numbered month, and Sundays in the odd numbered month--so we hope to see you at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 26th at the Wauconda Dog Park.

Hope to meet some of you there!

Deb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts