Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're planning a doodle romp- if any of you can make it, we'd love to see you there!

The place: Lakewood dog park in Wauconda (part of Lake County Forest Preserve), located on Fairfield Road, just north of 176. Here's a map- just type in your address!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... &2pl=&cat=

Here is Lake County Forest Preserve's web site, which has a detailed map of the park and more information.
http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index.cf ... 201&type=P

When: Saturday, April 29th - 1:30 PM

Everyone is welcome- doodles, honorary doodles, doodle families, future doodle families, etc.

Now for the not so fun part... the park does charge, but the convenient thing is that there is a self serve kiosk in the parking lot to buy daily permits for the park. Daily permits for Lake county resident- $5 per dog. Out of county residents is $10 per dog. Exact cash or check is required, and you will get a permit to put in your car's visor. Permits are also available online here:
http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index.cf ... ect_id=130

The park is fully fenced and very big! We hope to see you all there! If you have any questions, please e-mail me (Bridget) at [email protected]

·
Registered
401 Posts
I might be able to come...maybe...I know Riley would love it...I would love to meet all of your guys' doodles...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Good Morning, I think Bailey is 10 years old, she is the cream colored lab. She is my sister's dog. The other one belongs to my parents, Brandy is 11 years old, she is a lab mix. Brandy and Bailey thought Lani was annoying! I've tried to post more pictures but the site is not working. Hope to see you Saturday!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I am certainly going to do my best to be there on Saturday!! I have soccer games to attend in the morning, but after that I am good. I can only bring 2 of my 3 labradoodles. One is still too young to come, so he will have to stay home this time around.

These are the two that are coming!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How old is your little one? M or F? Name? So many questions and so cute!! What color are the eyes? Looks a little like Lani!

Lani will get her last set of shots tomorrow. I hope we wont have a repeat of the last shot. She had a reaction to the distemper with the leptosporosis. We didn't even get out of the office before she threw up. They gave her a shot of benadryl and something for her stomach. We were back less that 2 hours later as they were closing. She had broken out in hives so thy gave her a shot of adrenaline to stop them. Well it didn't so we called the vet at 10pm (this started at 6pm) we decided that another shot was too risky due to her age. So we opted for a cool bath to try and calm the itching and the vet suggested to put a fan on her, it would help with cool evaporation. Sometime after midnight she settled down enough to sleep. Moral of this story is to make the appointment on the weekend in case you are UP ALL NIGHT!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm looking forward to the romp. I saw a woman at the park last week with her LD and told her about it. She was so excited.
Doodles meeting Doodles!

·
Registered
972 Posts
My little one is 14 weeks old, and he is an F1 LD named Fozzie. His eyes are a greenish yellow.

This is a better pic of his eyes. I will be praying for Lani to have a great vet trip, and no reactions. that must have been scary! Are they going to watch her closely this time in case she has a reaction??

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Fozzie's eyel look similar to Lani's. Her's are ringed in blue. Thanks! My husband will get the honors since I am sick. Lani, like small children, have no idea what it is for mom to be sick. This morning I let Lani out went to get my coffee and went out to find her playing PRINCESS OF THE HILL! She was standing on a mound of dirt and began digging, neeldess to say with the morning dew on her she was covered in dirt to her chest and muzzle! So into the tub she went, I have never seen so much dirt come off a dog before. Luckily she slept for a couple of hours after racing around the house trying to get dry. I should have taken pictures!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The weather is looking good for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Like I said before...you'll recognize me, I'll be the one with the Labradoodle!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't wait to meet you guys too! I'll be the one with the 2 labradoodles too! LOL! But mine are both cream colored. I'm so excited!!!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
689 Posts
He seems just fine now. We're wondering if it was like a pinched nerve or some thing. It came on so fast and went away just as fast. He doesn't seem to be favoring the leg or anything now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts