Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it appears that our boy wants more fiber in his diet and is taking to chewing on the 6' redwood privacy fence... both the slats and the runners.

Anyone experience this before? What did you do to stop it? I know it cant be good for him, but it appears that he is just chewing and not eating the pieces of wood. They are scattered throughout the yard.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Keith, we sprayed out plants with diluted green tobasco sauce...the red looked funny on the green leaves ...and my dogs left them alone last summer ...

I wear the ginger scented orgins body lotions and my dogs hate it ...Im wondering if a diluted Ginger spray might work....at least till the first rain ...I think once they got used to the fence tasting yucky they might leave it alone...My vet did not think Ginger would hurt a dog...

I have a non toxic recipe to get rid of moles in your yard...maybe it would work for the fence too ...
Good luck...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.

We tried hot sauce before, and he actually likes it...
and...
I havent found a lotion that he doesnt like yet! :lol:

I swear... this boy loves, lotion, kleenex, and hot sauce!

I spose it could be worse and he could be destroying the stuff in the house; but he would rather destroy the toys.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Maybe Chester has that same need for fiber. He treats our landscape mulch as a buffet. Wouldn't you think they would get splinters in their gums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts