Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum. My labradoodle (Quincy) is now 10 months old. We just love him. He's just a great dog...funny and affectionate. Does anyone know of any kind of bedding I can use that he cannot chew through.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
NOPE unless it's made of steel mesh

BUT

the way you might get your doodle to stop chewing beds is
when i buy a new bed i lay on it and won't let any of my doodles on it
then i put it next to our couch or dining room table. meaning somewhere you usually sit with your doodles and keep correcting them (in the past) if they try to bite or chew it and hand them a chew toy or bone on their new bed.

some doodles chew at 10mos old cause they're now breaking in their adult teeth and need a real watchful eye.

Good Luck with Quincy......possibly a marrow bone at butchers
or THE TANK bone made by Merrick might help

keep me posted.......and congrats on Quincy, nice to meet you

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good Luck with the chewing thing. Calvin is now 2 and still chews everything he can get his mouth on. I have bought at least 8 beds, and they have all been destroyed no matter how I presen them. My husband finally made a bed. It is plywood with indoor-ourdoor carpet glued on it and a trim of wood around it so he can't get his mouth on it. It's not pretty, but it keeps his body off the cold floor and he hasn't been able to destroy it yet. I'm sure he tries. 8) Here is a picture.....
Good luck and when you find something that works, let me know!

Leslie

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would suggest not buying Quincy any more beds until he's over a year old!

I bought a big dog pillow for Nicky when he was about 6 months old and it was destroyed immediately. I should have known that would happen! He was still teething and hadn't yet been neutered. He thought the pillow was just a big soft toy to shake, hump, and gnaw on.

The bed he got at 14 months has never been chewed. When he was without a dog bed I just put an old bath towel on the floor for him to sleep on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quincy and the many many dog beds......

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'll cool it for now and not put anything down in his crate or on the floor. He does think that everything is a toy and game on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao started with a towel then a soft cage bed. I don't know if you know what i mean. It is fleece. It has been around for as long as we have had her. But it was next to the couch for the longest time now it is where she likes it. Near the back sliding glass door. She likes the wind going thur her hair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts