Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. My Charlie has chewed and ripped apart 3 chew toys already. He has gone through 3 rawhide and now we bought him a ex-large one to see if it lasts longer. The other toys only lasted a couple of days. Any suggestions on durable toys that your doodles enjoy? I am at a loss, I thought the last one we bought would be durable enougfh, but no such luck. It has been torn beyond recognition:)

Thanks

Bill, Erin, Kids, and Charlie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
After 2 months, we still have 2 of these. Got it at Petsmart and it has a loud squeeker. They're called Ruffians. Petsmart also makes their own brand, but these are MUCH sturdier!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Gene's suggestion is Ebbe's favorite toy AND longest lasting. We have even used it to try to get her in the car ... no luck.

Also, I learned from this forum that the big two liter bottles (we use the square cranberry juice bottles) are a great challenge. Take off the paper, clue and cap paraphernalia ... let the munching begin!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My daughter puts a few treats in her 2 liter bottles and her dog figured out how to get up on the footstool and drop it just right to get out the treats. Makes a lot of noise though :twisted:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
annieG said:
Tanner still has his minus the legs....I can't believe Jonah hasn't chewed off the nubs :p :p
Oh, that's a given....they were gone in the first day, passed on the second :shock: ....but the main body and squeaker is intact. :wink:

·
Registered
558 Posts
WE GET THESE BALLS AT WALMART. THEY ARE ONLY $1.87 , AND THEY HAVE A BELL INSIDE OF THEM. THEY HAVE LITTLE BUMPS ALL OVER THEM, MADE OF VERY HARD RUBBER.

KELSEY USUALLY CAN CHEW THROUGH MOST ANYTHING, BUT THESE ARE VERY CHALLENGING..KOZMO COULD KEEP A TOY THAT SQUEAKED AROUND FOR YEARS , HE IS SO GENTLE WITH HIS TOYS..BUT HE IS MORE REFINED I GUESS, BEING A POODLE AND ALL...
Je SUIS AINSI RAFFINÉ

SOMETIMES WE FIND LARGER ONES AT THE LOCAL GROCERY STORE IN THE PET AISLE BUT THEY ARE MORE $$$$

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
things that aren't chewed thru ...digested...pooped or gakked out:

1. KONG teether and Kong ball
2. Teething ring found at Target or Country Max $5.99 for large and $4.99 for small, took Max 6mos to start to get the nibbie things off
3. thinking now....nope that's it

pic of teething ring...this is TOBY lisarundell's doodle and the best pic of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts