Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I know I have been somewhat AWOL lately but I am happy to report
4 beautiful little puppies arrived beginning at 3am sunday night!
2 boys, 2 girls all black!! All done by 5am :)

I will get pictures up shortly, it was a great and easy delivery, just so happened about 600 miles from home. oops :) I really should stop relying on delivery dates and even the temperature didnt drop - ugh!
Seems I always have travelling pups!

Today is dew claw day :)

And we have stripes on the back. I remember reading about a stripe on back can anyone help remind me what it indicated?

Anyway they are so cute!! Its mackenzies third litter so it will be her last and I am certain that we have saved the best for last, no super curly poodly coats and no one looks flat either, I think we did it!!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Congrats! they are beautiful! Here is the info in the strip from Linda's post.

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:08 pm Post subject:
Thanks guys another interesting fact I just was told this week is that if the pups when they are born have a strip down the middle of the back they will have a primary fleece coat Krista Waitz called it a "fleece piece" so I'm going to mark the ones that have it about 5 of the 8 and see how the coats mature as they get older. I think this will be interesting to follow and see if it proves true. I have noticed before pups having it but never knew this info, I'm excited to see what develops.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Martha :) Yes everyone is absolutely wonderful! It's the most motherly mackenzie has been, guess its easier to mother 4 than 11 ;)
She was always good before but would come out as needed and now I have to drag her out to get her to eat or potty! I suppose only have four is going to make these little guys VERY spoiled!

Lisa - I KNEW IT WAS GOOD!! thanks for finding it. It completely cinfirms what I thought about my coats, two have definite defined lines and two have pretty good lines going - cross your fingers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
What beautiful puppies!!!

When you say a stripe on the back, what do you mean...different color or a different texture?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
CONGRATS!!! ohhhhhhh another morning with a great puppy fix!! thank you thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Whooo Hoooo Micky! Congatulations! You ought to go into another line of business...the traveling mid-wife for doods!
Hugs to you and the darling babes, and mama too!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congratulations, Movistar!!! Lovely litter!

Great puppies, seasoned travelers already, too!

Are you counting due dates from breeding or ovulation? The breeding date is the one with the broader range. If they are bred After ovulation it can appear to be a shorter gestation.

Deva whelped five days ahead of her due date of March 28, figured on the date of breeding, but it was right within the 62-64 day range figured from date of ovulation. Cosidering the meteoric 4-day rise in progesterone level from 3.8 to 21.0(!), she probably ovulated even a day ahead of our estimate.

Maybe estimating from the ovulation date would give you a more accurate handle on when to stay home... unless of course, you'd rather make a mess on the road...... :lol: :roll: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deb your bad :)

Yeah thats what I like puppies hundres of miles from home!!

Lets see first litter conceived in Montana born in Utah
Second litter conceived in Nebraska born in Illinois
Third litter conceived in Illinois born in Michigan
do the pups need a passport or anything??!!

I am going from Breed Date so that must be my error :) oops!

And I think I would make a great travelling midwife because nothing ruffles me thats for certain!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, whatcha doin in Michigan??
Is there something fun going on there that I shoulda been invited to?

(seriously where? you know I ask whenever that state is mentioned!) :wink:

Your puppies are really lovely, but I still say that wavy beautiful coats CAN change from birth to coarser. I had two identical puppies right up until 5wks old, and then one changed. (neither had the 'strip/stripe') And it turned out one was fleece and one was coarser, more scruffy.

Are you holding names for these 4 babies, Mickey? If they're not all sold I might have referrals for you in the next couple weeks.
:D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maureen said:
hey, whatcha doin in Michigan??
Is there something fun going on there that I shoulda been invited to?

(seriously where? you know I ask whenever that state is mentioned!) :wink:

Your puppies are really lovely, but I still say that wavy beautiful coats CAN change from birth to coarser. I had two identical puppies right up until 5wks old, and then one changed. (neither had the 'strip/stripe') And it turned out one was fleece and one was coarser, more scruffy.

Are you holding names for these 4 babies, Mickey? If they're not all sold I might have referrals for you in the next couple weeks.
:D
We bought a home in Last weekend Birmingham, the pups were born in Madison Heights extended stay - egads! My husband was transferred a few months back so he has been up there. He needed some time to rethink his priorities anyway so this has worked out great!! LOL

Yes I think my one female is possibly going to be less soft than the other, its subtle but its beginning. I had several people interested and three seriously but no deposits yet so referrals may be needed!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
well there ya go! I have a super duper friend in Canton, if you ever wanna make a new friend. She just moved there from VA, which is a great place...never mind, we can talk about this in emails. :wink:

I think the "stripe" can be a great indicator, so I'm thrilled for you with these puppies....I just won't bank on it and let people choose at 6wks to be more safe, and try to look smart. :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts