Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon Boo was sunbathing in the yard, looking very content, so I thought I'd sneak a photo of him thru the window...

But he caught me!

"Hey! What's that?!"

"It kinda looks like......."

"Mommy??"

"Mommy, why are ya on the wrong side of the house?"

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Boo is such a cutie!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW boo is soooooooooooooooo cute!! and i love his coat!!!
was it recently groomed.....and OKAY how do you keep him so clean? :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MaxandMe said:
and i love his coat!!! was it recently groomed.....and OKAY how do you keep him so clean? :D
Thanks!! We've been giving him "home haircuts", so that he won't need to spend a week at the groomers, ha ha! (He's so hairy, I call him "Hairy Larry".) And the clean coat is courtesy of his daily "mud baths" at the dog park- followed by a daily rinse in the shower! :?

And thanks Linz81! Boo's an Australian labradoodle that we got from a breeder in Michigan.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I really love Boo's haircut too. It's funny...he has a sort of poodle look going on, but in a doodle way (if that makes any sense). We had to have Dex's paws shaved last summer and he looked ridiculous, but it all looks so great on Boo :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Yeah, his haircut is a mix of poodle/doodle/portuguese water dog! (the types of dogs we've owned!)

lmtoth2 said:
We had to have Dex's paws shaved last summer and he looked ridiculous
Hee hee! When we get Boo's feet shaved at the groomers he looks like a ballerina up on his tippytoes! :lol:
I tell Boo, "At least I didn't have them do this!"

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
That poor dog hhahhaaaaaaaaa

the ONE and ONLY Time we let Petsmart think they could groom max they shaved his paws down....he's a scruffy coat
he looked ridiculous and we laughed for a month!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...so I called Petsmart yesterday to make an appointment with our groomer. I was told she has "LEFT" :shock: My reaction was "oh no where did she go???"...(I think the lady thought I was a nut)...something was said about her leaving to pursue her dream to be a dancer (I'm thinking "what about dexter??") :wink:

I went on to explain the bad experiences we had with other groomers (she's still thinking I'm a nut) and asked if they had someone else who grooms labradoodles (and doesn't shave feet/make them look like poodles). She promised me they had another girl who would follow my instructions/photo so we're giving it a try hoping Dex doesn't come out looking ridiculous :shock:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I love "Boo's Do" too! In fact I've printed off the pictures to take to the groomer so she will know what I want! I think we will have to skip the trimmed feet though. Under all that hair, Tyke has big fat lab feet, instead of dainty little poodle feet - she would look like a bear in clodhoppers!! :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts