Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think about canned dog food ? We feed a small amount of canned food to our old terrier mix. The vet reccomended it after he had emergency intestinal surgery a few years ago. Well.....Lizzie and Louie love it too !! I have been giving them just a little bit as a special treat now and then. Any harm in that ?--It makes them so happy....Kathy, Lizzie and Louie

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I wouldn't recommend canned dog food all the time because it is really bad for their teeth. But as a special treat I don't see the harm. I sometimes have to add some canned dog food in with dry kibble after they have a litter of puppies just to get them started eating again.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i;ve only used canned fod for a RARE treat and/or to help a constipated doodle to do his do-do :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I am not a fan of canned food because it seems to encourage a dislike of dry, hurts their teeth and can change bowel movements.

Of course their are rare times when I have used it for an ailment, but the best luck I had was baby food or the cooked rice/broth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts