Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We feed Bailey Nutro Natural Choice Puppy, the one with Oatmeal for sensitive stomachs.

When she was very young, we had a time with diarrhea and don't want to go there again. We are considering switching to Canidae, but wonder if it is easy on the stomach and diarrhea. What kind should we use?

Of course, we'll switch her gradually.

Reasons to switch:
1- I think her poops are fairly big, but she only poops about 3 times a day. They are ok on firm most times, but sometimes can be a little soft. Maybe the treats/rawhide are affecting this. She doesn't get other food.

2- I don't think she's too fond of the flavor. Takes her all night to eat her 1 1/2 cups. She gets 1 1/2 cups in AM too. We mixed in some royal canin food one time and she LOVES the taste of it.

Anyway, if we change brands, we're leaning to try Canidae. I've got to see where I can get it now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ZMAN i started out just like you on the same exact food with Max and had the same problem

we tried 6 foods :roll: CANIDAE is the only one he tolerates, has good firm poops on it, very little odor i might add, and both Peanut and Max LOVE THIS food! Max Woofs a MOOF while eating it! he refuses to share any with peanut too hahahhaha

Canidae has digestive enzymes, probiotics, omega 3 and 6's and is made solely in US............go to Canidae website they have a store locator

just put in Canidae dog food in internet search and you'll get it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Annemarie,

Thanks for your reply.

I found the store locator. Even though we leave in a metro area, (near Atlanta) the closest store is 16 miles (in the opposite direction from where we're usually headed).

16 miles ain't too bad though. A 40-lb bag lasts a good while.

I might also check on ordering on-line if shipping isn't killer high.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MaxandMe said:
.....we tried 6 foods :roll: CANIDAE is the only one he tolerates.....,
Which Canidae do you use?
Chicken and Rice
Lamb and Rice, or
All Life Stages

Are they all 'sposed to be easy on the digestion?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I use the all life stage formula ....it's a beige colored bag on left hand side

yes it's easy on digestion ...Max is living proof!! i had been cooking for 3.5mos till getting him on this food. now here normal price for 40lb bag is $30.99 but you use less than other brands too.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Annmarie - I remembered reading somwhere on this forum that someone had a dog that MOOFS, but I couldn't remember who's dog it was!! Glad I read this thread - it's MAX that MOOFS!!...................:)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Moof Moof Mmmmaaaaaawomoof!! YUP that's my Max hahaha
Peanut Only Woofs ( her me too me too)!! hahahhhaa go figure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts