Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...i am wondering if anyone else's doodle is having bad gas on and off for the past 2mos or so on CANIDAE????

Max has been on Canidae all life stages since April 2007
I did call Canidae while back and tried what they suggested,
mixing two kinds...didn't work so we're back to straight Canidae a/l/stages

HOWEVER HIS GAS is getting really bad.
And PEANUT just started having gas now too.

Sooooo I am calling Canidae again today but wondering is anyone else having this problem??
I need to ask them if there's anything different with their food past few months.

Also I am wondering
A) do i mix in another kind of food and which one
B) totally switch him which means switching peanut too

G

·
hmmm now that you mention gas my lil stinker hasn't been so stinky lately. She's not on Canidae so no help there. I'm just glad she not stinkers anymore!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heather what food do you feed Maya???

i am really looking at other brands lately to either mix in or switch too.

I left a message for Canidae to call me, last two calls i was told to cut back on amount ...other time to try mixing two brands.
This will be my 3rd call to them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've gotta say...Sadie has NEVER had gas AT ALL. No matter what the food, I've never heard her fart or smelled anything from this girl. However, she did start refusing the Canidae, so I've switched foods.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie has eaten Canidae all his life and has never had gas problems with it. He does, however, get gas from certain treats. Someone recently gave him a sweetpotato treat and, man, he was horrible with the SBD ones. I couldn't stay in the same room with him. He also got gas from the fish cookies I made with whole wheat flour. I had to switch to oat flour.

I mention this because it could be something other than Canidae. Think about what type of training treats or supplements you are using.

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont use TREATS anymore when training...he gets hugs, "good boy" lots of love/praise

that's why i am concerned...he gets same canidae
the only treats all 3 doodles get and are fine with are:
pineapple, avocado, cheese, pumpkin, sweet potato
and in SMALL AMOUNTS weekly but not in every meal.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
MaxandMe said:
pineapple, avocado, cheese, pumpkin, sweet potato
and in SMALL AMOUNTS weekly but not in every meal.
I would try eliminating one or more of these for a few days and see what happens. My guess is that it is the sweet potato or cheese.

Deb

G

·
Maya is on Wellness Super5 Chicken mix. It only has chicken as the main protein. This year it was reccommended by whole dog journel as well. Most of Maya's treats are Wellness brand treats as well.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
EGGS... PHEW!!! Gassy doodles!!!

We feed canidae, the doodles do have gas, I don't thinks it's an alarming amount though?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks ....we don't give eggs.

usually gas means something isn't being digested. hmmm
Max has been the sensitive tummy dog in this house

now when they get cottage cheese or shredded cheese it is only
1 tspn about 1 or 2 times a week.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I dont have any first hand experience, i had just had some comments recently from some friends that they too were having issues with gas and they do feed canadai
wonder if they changed ingrediants

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
We have noticed gas for about 2-3 weeks now. We feed Canidae but are guilty of doggy bisquits and have given a new, but quality brand lately and figured that was it. Your diet seems pretty simple, I would agree with Deb"s plan.....

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Yeah Annmarie - I think the easiest thing to do is to eliminate everything besides food for 2-3 weeks and see if the gas improves...it's certainly easier than changing food and then you can add one by one the foods you like to supplement with. I would choose cheese as either the first or last thing to add back in because if I had to bet...I would say that could be the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts