Labradoodle Forums banner

Cancer in dogs, and us

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jefferycwilson 
#1 ·
I was looking up benefits of turmeric for dogs and came across this: Is Canine Cancer Prevention Possible? its has what seems to be useful information. If simply putting coconut oil will aid in prevention, sounds easy to use, then I may just try.
I also found many sites saying turmeric has the ability to shrink cysts and tumors. Seemed odd and random but if it works, it works.

#2 · (Edited)
What a great article!! And, you're right..........we can do for dogs what we should do for ourselves!
Let's start with coconut oil. Perhaps you may not know this, but Bogart is my Service Dog AND he also works at the local major hospital for therapy for others and works with Autistic and Downe Syndrome Children.

I have PTSD. It HAD taken a toll on my body to the point where, years ago, I recall telling my husband that I felt as if I was totally destroying my immune system.........and I did.
This has led me to pain 24/7 and also to illnesses such as Epstein Barr, 2 types of pneumonia's in remission.....Chron's disease (now in remission) and a multitude of other illnesses that cannot be seen by the human eye. So, when I walk around in malls, restraunts etc, with Bogart.....sometimes people want to challenge me. I know longer have a problem telling people I have PTSD, which Bogart helps me with and all these other viruses and illnesses are invisible. In fact, I look pretty dang healthy!

Why this introduction and exposure of myself? Because it leads to what I have to do to assure that I work on my immune system.
About 2 months ago, I was introduced to coconut oil by SEVERAL people and Dr. Fife has a book circulating.
When I go to work out, many people are bugging me on the coconut oil because EVERYONE seems to be using it now.
Before, people use to say it was high in saturated fats and bad for you. Now, this has changed. Plus, the people using it are having profound results.

Here is, supposedly the best way for a HUMAN to use it. Morning and night, preferrably on an empty stomach, place 2 TBLS of it in your mouth and swish it for 20 minutes. What it does then is it draws all the toxins in your body into your mouth. I know, sounds disgusting, but don't think about it.
DO NOT SWALLOW IT!!!!!!!! After 20 minutes, spit it out and rinse your mouth with a mouthwash and then brush your teeth.

You also may include adding a little on toast or crackers trhoughout the day.
Cooking with it is difficult because of it's temperature point, so I haven't done this yet.

I have been hesitant to use it with Bogart yet.
Perhaps down the line, I will add a little to his food. Right now, we use 1000 mg of salmon oil in his food.
Also, we changed his food to Orijen about a month ago, which I think is about the closest thing to RAW you can get. I'm leary about raw because of the salmonella and I'm not that good at preparing these meals for him.

I have not heard of tumeric for dogs, but I have heard it's excellent for humans. It WILL stain food and even teeth to a certain degree ........but I heard it's great for humans.

I am doing a lot of organic for myself because of my immune system which also includes compound pharmacy meds and we do a lot of Teavana Tea which we can only get at our mall and it's quite expensive.

I want to continue to increase these things for Bogart.

Thanks for the article!:grin:

Editing to add : make sure your coconut oil is organic, raw, cold pressed, QUALITY coconut oil. If you don't see cold pressed on the label, if it has the other things, it should be fine.

#3 ·
if you are looking for health products... try looking up Kefir, either water or milk. I have been using/ creating/ doing both for about a month and a half. I had a lung infection since christmas, and literally after 3 weeks of drinking, I was 400 times better. THe meds the Dr's gave me never worked, the inhalers made breathing better, but did nothing to help. Now my lung infection is gone, my sleeping is waaay better, digestion is ridiculous. The milk will taste similar to buttermilk, and the water will change to almost a slight ginger-ale flavor (when used with ginger).
I definitely recommend at least trying it. you can usually find the "grains" for free from people in your area. Also kefir is apparently good for dogs too
I hope no dogs I know of ever get cancer or cysts, but if the turmeric is that "good" then it gives every animal a shot at a healthier life

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.