Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canada's pups are now 8 weeks old. All but one have been reserved for a while, so their new families are eager to pick them up and finally take them home. I have 6 appointments in the next 3 days with buyers picking up pups.

It's such a bittersweet time for me.

I always enjoy seeing the excitement of the new families and knowing the pups will now have "center stage" with them rather than being one of a litter here. Yet I can't help but get attached to the little buggers, so it's a bit sad to see them go.

I know this is just one of the pitfalls of breeding, so don't expect any "cures" for my emotions. I just needed to voice it I guess to people who would understand.

**sigh**

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I knoww exactly how you feel.....how could you not with all the emotional energy you put into them! I guess having them all go into their homes all at once makes this time especially hard right now! :cry:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Ditto Tink!!!! Pictures of the little sweet ones before they leave, if you get a chance! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Tink i hear you....when my breeder's pups are all gone to their new forever homes, it's so quiet and not sad but you miss them.
then before you know it the other litter arrives and puppy fix happens all over again.

In the meantime, hopefully you'll hear and/or get pics from the new doodle parents to tide you over.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Aww I know what you mean
Razz and Cookies babies are leaving this week, my little parti aussiedoodle is going home today,,she is my babe,
we can cry on each others shoulders,,LOL
:cry: :cry: 8)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first pup to go home today...

When I saw this...

We had a little lesson in "how to hold a puppy" :lol:

I strongly encouraged this...

Or This

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
HAHAHA...OMG that first photo is funny. What a cute boy and puppy! He is doing a much better job in photos 2 and 3 :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
it looks like he had that pup in the choke hold!! :) Glad he got his lesson!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh great picture and I do not know how any
of you breeders do it..............I guess you learn to let go
but it has to be so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!
At the same time I would not want a puppy from a breeder who
does not find it difficult to let go.............

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm with you Sue. I'd just keep them all. Of course, then I would show up on Animal Planet as one of those horders.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quite seriously, this photo says it all...

This father and son had been waiting weeks for their puppy. They drove 4 hours twice to get one, and were VERY happy when today finally came. You'd have all loved watching that little guy run around the yard with 8 puppies chasing along behind him. lol

He's the child who wanted to take the pup home at 1.5 weeks of age and promised me she would be cuddling with him when he listens to his bedtime stories.

THIS is what makes it so worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Tink how sweet. I will say both those boys are going to have a friend for life (doodles). Thanks for sharing. That helped put a smile on my face. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts