Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ours would be excellent at the end part (i.e. eating the treats) :)

My friend trained her boxer to keep a piece of food on his nose and then on command to flick it in the air and eat it :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon will balance a treat on her head, but not her nose. I don't know if I could get 31 on there though. She will balance the treat on her head until you tell her it's ok, then she'll put her head down so the treat falls off then eats it. We don't leave it on there very long though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
OK... I found that extremely irritating! I guess I empathize with the dog too much. :oops:

My son dogs balances a treat on his nose, tosses it into the air and catches it. I may work on that one.

Deb

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I used to have a rotti female that would balance a treat on her nose, then flip it in the air and catch it. But I'd tried to do this with Moses and he can't hold still... he has to eat it without the balancing or the patience part. lOL

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
We had a golden retriever 23 years ago that would balance a giant milk bone on his nose until we said O.K., then he would flip it up, catch it in his mouth and then eat it of course. This was a daily routine for fetching the newspaper in the morning from the driveway. Cali seems a lot smarter in many ways, but won't fetch or do the milkbone routine. :shock: She doesn't have the same eager to please personality as a retriever.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
am I the only who sees a bit of humor and cuteness? he did get to eat as many treats as he wanted at the end :D

G

·
Maya too would be excellent at eating them. She might me able to balance when she is a little older though. For breakfast or dinner she has to wait until I say it is ok to eat. Since I am trying to get her ready for the CGC she has had to wait up to 5 min to go eat. There are drool puddles on my floor cause she can see her food she just knows she's not allowed to get it until I say. (I know I am a mean Mom!!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel bad some of you didn't like it.......i was looking at it a different way
the japanese have a strange sense of humor :wink:
and thought i'd have a hard enough time putting one piece of food on max's nose before he'd go nuts for it

if this post bothers anyone let me know

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That was amazing Annmarie! I did feel sort of bad for the dog though, he was DROOLING! What a good dog!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
WOW I didn't feel bad at all. It shows amazing restraint on the dogs part. And what a happy ending, he got to eat all 32 treats!

I just hope they put a towel on the floor underneath him... he was dripping drool like a faucet! :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks as i had looked at it too with a view of training as well.

my father years ago trained our bull mastiff NOT to eat any food unless he said OK.
we could leave for 30min come back and NOBLE (his name) would still be sitting/lying there , food on edge of table not touched. :shock:
but say "OKAY" and that food if put on the floor,would be inhaled in about 2 gulps hahhaaa (he weighed 130lbs)

i remember answering my father at times, "OK dad" and realize it going OH no....we had quite a few laughs at times.

My doodles have to wait for same OK word to eat their food or touch anything i drop.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
my father years ago trained our bull mastiff NOT to eat any food unless he said OK.
we could leave for 30min come back and NOBLE (his name) would still be sitting/lying there , food on edge of table not touched.
but say "OKAY" and that food if put on the floor,would be inhaled in about 2 gulps hahhaaa (he weighed 130lbs)
wow that's impressive :)

We make the doodles sit and wait until we tell them they can eat...but we make them wait like 15 seconds :) Dexter will sit there and drool if we make him wait for too long :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts