Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started feeding Krycek Natural Balance...he seems to like it. I got the Venison/Sweet Potato and thought I would try a different flavor after this 5 lb bag is gone (switched him from Canidae). Just wondering if I can jump flavor to flavor, or is it recommended to gradually do it...

(and sorry for yet another dog food question LOL)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I actaully asked this question of a gal at the local holistic pet store and she said she changes her dogs food about once a month, but stays with the same brand so it doesn't upset their tummys. I've done with success.....

Leslie

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What I've done in the past is stick with the same basic food but added other flavors to make it interesting. So Charlie would get one cup of his regular food and then maybe 1/4 cup of a new interesting flavor. He seemed to enjoy the variety.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
we switched from NB duck/potato to fish/sweet potato (our vet thought Kirby would do better on fish. We asked how quickly we could switch them over and he said we didn't need a huge transition period since most of the ingredients were the same so we switched them over just a few days. But we do not make a habit of switching them. They drool at the mention of the word "dinner" so I think they're perfectly happy with what we feed them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts