Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight to the point: Sometimes the little guy doesn't completely jettison his poops, and they kind of get stuck halfway between in and out. :oops: The poor guy tries, though....

Luckily, I bought some doggie wipes and are able to clean him up and leave him smelling spring fresh... :? But I'm always afraid there may be a few that I haven't managed to untangle from the 'surrounding area'.... :oops:

Sooooo, I'm thinking there has to be some sort of a 'spot spray' -like cleanser that I can spray on his hind end that will kind of loosen and clean up and wipe away?? He's due for a bath anyway, but I'm thinking it would be a bit of a drag to have to give him a full-on bath every time he has an incomplete 'dispatch'.. :wink:

What to you guys use??

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know how it would work with poo, but I've been using Eqyss Detangler and Shine on Ginny after she gets out of the bath. Even though she rolls around in the dirt and mud, it doesn't seem to stick to her fur as bad if I've used this leave-in product.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi - Has his hind end been clipped at all? We clip a bit around Dante's "business" areas every few weeks to keep this from happening. I always know when we need to clip again as he will start to get things a bit hung up :oops: .

Heather

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Maybe adjust his diet a little bit, not to be gross, but is the poo hard, soft, dry, greasey? Maybe try a little more fat in his food to lubricte things along.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're soft and mushy, but 'formed'...he's pretty lubed; I think they just get hung up in the thicket. I'm going to try clipping it.

Wish me luck....
:shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm sorry to laugh, but your description of the situation just made me totally crack up! I don't really have any advice for you either, but just wanted to wish you good luck :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
YOu can add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin to his meals...pumpkin can work in one of two ways:
if stools are too hard it helps soften and if too mushy can harden them
pumpkin helps the digetive tract.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, the thicket...yes, we clip that area! Be VERY careful! Easy to miss and clip skin.
We call it a poop-chute...and it is common that at least one of our dogs has a problem periodically!
We don't give full baths...but fill the tub with about 3 inches of water and have the dog sit. No need to wash everywhere...but after a little while sitting, well, you just need to pull it off. It works out okay...and they are soooooo grateful!
You can use a rubber glove if you feel better about that...
Then, once you have the poop off and flushed down the toidy, you shampoo the hinney!
(Okay, talking baby talk makes it easier to do!)
Then all you have to dry off is their feet and tail.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ellabee,

Sorry for your troubling situation....but without it we wouldn't have been so entertained reading this topic!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will store the info away and keep it, in case I ever need to refer.....
Fortunately, Coco doesn't have the problem, at least, not so far!

You received lots of good ideas for a solution to the mess. Isn't this site wonderful?! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ellabee...just remember POOP Happens :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Linda - I'll definitely try it out...sounds like that could do it...... :)

G

·
Good Luck, ... it does sound like they created it just for you...oops.... your doggie :oops: :lol:
This self rinsing waterless shampoo is perfect for last minute touch up jobs or unexpected urine and manure messes. Too cold to bathe? No problem with One Shot Rinse. Fortified with Aloe Vera Gel and special conditioners so it won't dry or irritate the skin! Simply spray on and towel or blow dry. The coat is left clean and the peppermint essential oil provides a natural deodorizer leaving it fresh smelling.
Self rinsing shampoo that is excellent for touch up jobs
Contains coat and skin conditioners
Puppy and kitten safe
Simple use: apply to soiled areas, towel dry

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definitely the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks again for finding that!

Well, guess I don't need the sandblaster after all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts