Labradoodle Forums banner

Can we start a list of people getting new puppies....

18K views 80 replies 21 participants last post by  NickW 
#1 ·
It would be nice to compare progress, get ideas and just share fun stuff about the new doodles. We are getting a puppy on Nov 8. Who else is expecting?

#77 ·
Pup at 7 weeks

I also think with it being winter the litter is getting to be quite a handful in my breeder's house. She didn't expect this litter it was an OOPS... Both parents are AKC so she is a true L1 doodle but it's getting difficult to keep them clean... There are 10 pups. Plus I am just dying to have her here. I know the first week may involve some crying at night but I am prepared to get up and get her out to potty. Plus I think my wonderful "Jersy Girl" golden will help with this as well.

#78 ·
Puppy update

Well, I changed my mind on the pup I'm bringing home. I have decided on the "runt" little girl... she is so sweet and really seems to be more interested in me than the original pup I picked out. I started looking at this litter when they were just over 4 weeks old and I've learned that even though it has been a lot of fun, they really are too young then to get a good idea of personality. They are now almost 7 weeks old and it is much easier to see the type of dog they tend to be. I think the latest name is going to be Layla but we will see once we get her home in 3 days!! I am so excited to add her to my family. My 7 year old Golden, Jersey should be a big help in getting her adjusted to our home. I have the crate set up in my kitchen area and I have gated off a 7x7 foot area that I plan to cover with newspapers until she gets old enough to be crated while I am at work. Her crate will be in there but I will leave the door open so she can sleep in there. I only work part time for 3 1/2 hours every morning but that is too long to expect her to keep from pottying in her crate. I am not big on newspaper training but this seems the only way to handle it until she is 8-9 weeks old. When I am home with her we will be using the outside pen to "do our business". Hopefully this won't confuse her too much. I have not worked before when I brought my other dogs home as pups so this crate training is new to me. Any advice would be welcome. Is it going to be hard to make the transition from newspapers to only outside?

#79 ·
Awaiting the arrival

HI -This my first post here - My family and I (husband, 14yr. old twins, Max (Yellow Lab 3yrs old) and Jake (English Springer Spaniel 3yrs old) are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our F1B boy Harpo :D (10 weeks old) to join our family this coming week.
Once he arrives I will let you all know how we are all doing.

#80 ·
this is my first post. I am bursting with excitement. We are waiting/fretting/longing for our doodle puppy. We've raised pups before so, we consider ourselves experienced. However, we wonder if our girl will be safe/relatively calm on the flight to reach us? Should I fly there and bring her back? Will she be safe on a direct flight?[/quote]

#81 ·
Good luck Shafrique and Breezy.

Woody has been with us 2 months now (he's 4 months old) and he is an absolute delight. Gentle, affectionate, playful and such a beautiful dog. We went for a walk on Sunday with my sister-in-law and her 2 greyhounds on Sunday - it was so funny watching him try to keep up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.