Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another question. One of the 12 pups in our pups litter was brindle. She was georgous but I never saw or heard of a brindle Lab or Poodle before. The breeder said it was extremely rear and in all her many years of breeding she has never had one. Does this mean there is another breed in the blood line somewhere?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Michelle,

I know a lot of the LD owners and breeders here have multi-colored Labradoodles (some even parti colored :)). I don't think it means there's another breed in the line, sometimes it's just how the genetics turn out ;)

My labradoodles are chocolate, with whitening spread out over the coat (their dad was a Cafe-au-Lait Poodle).

If you browse the photo gallery (is it back online?), you'll find a lot of LDs with different patches of colors..

Michael.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have seen several brindle doodles, from the poodle genes. Definitely more rare, but definitely not unheard of.

Here is an example of a recent litter of a breeder I know who had one brindle and the rest black in an F1b litter where the father was a blue poodle that carried the brindle gene:

http://www.westwoodlabradoodles.com/Currentlitters.html

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Michelle, the breeder (Helene of Westwood) that has already been posted came to mind immediately. In fact she has an f1b pup that has almost finished growing up that is brindle from the same 2 parents as these litters.

I'd love to know who the breeder was that you used, who has brindle pups! you can p.m. me or email, if you wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 4.5 mo-old non-curly short-hair brindle labradoodle. Saw only 1 other resembling her on this site. Her father was phantom and she's delightful! Would love to talk to others with brindles. Pic to follow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts