Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 7mo old male labradoodle has begun getting quite humpy lately. When he gets tired in the evenings, he grabs a toy and trys to hump our legs. What should we do to get him out of this? We say no and push him down, or else tickle him under the arms until he stops, but it doesn't seem to be getting better. Suggestions?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, don't over react...just redirect his attention.
It is generally an act of dominance for a dog, not sex...but at 7 months, it could have something to do with maturing...it could also mean that he has pain or itching there...you might want to see the vet to be sure that he is healthy and then you will know that it is a training issue.
I have a favorite site that I go to for questions like this...I did a search for "humping" and here is a list of the articles it brought up:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have to agree with Jac don't over react Tejas did this some except on Gracie :shock: :lol: and I would just redirect him, I didn't want to make it a big deal since he would be my stud at some point so I couldn't yell at him for something I wanted him to do when he got older. :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter would "hump" my let A LOT until about a month ago (he's 5 months now). He still will do it on ocassion and i say/yell "NO" fairly loudly and look him right in the eye and he usually stops. When he was younger and would do it a lot I would give him a "time out" in his quiet area so maybe you could try that.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
usually dogs are trying to assert dominace. max tried it on my fiance's 14yr old neice during a family get-together hahahhahhaa

we immediately corrected Max, didn't make a big deal of it and redirected his attention.

So far it has worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Humping but a female spayed.

BABY is almost or just past a year old. We have a bird dog, short haired German pointer setter, that is very sweet and quite. BABY humps her till Sweety either lays down out of desperation, or we remove them and put one dog outside and one dog inside. I can say BABY OFF! and she will stop, but only till I move to do something else in the room, then she is after Sweety again. BABY has been spayed, Sweety has not......hope to get some good input. Thanks , LTurner55

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok...y'all had to talk about humping hahahha i got jinxed!
Here's peanut laying down like a statue being good, max walks over and starts humping her head :roll: hhahhahaha!!! oh man!!!
OH he also dribbles every so often the past few days....anyone experience this? he's never done this. it's a tiny droplet trail which drives me insane since cleaning it up isn't fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts