Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I just wanted to let you know that Calvin and Lizzie got out today and have been missing for about 5 hours now. I get a few calls with 'sightings' at about 1-1:30 today, but my driving around did not prove successful in finding them. I am a bit worried bacause they have never been gone this long and it is getting dark.
Please keep us in your thoughts and hope that they return safe and SOON! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight if they are not home.
I'll keep you all posted on their return....Leslie

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh Leslie, how un-nerving..especially with it getting dark..have you notified your vet, or the police..just in case someone finds them and reports their rabies tag numbers from the vet...please let us all know if they came home...my fingers are crossed, and prayers have been said...
Kathie

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They both have their tags on with their names, address and phone numbers on them. We live in a rural area with lots of dense forest around. I'm afraid they will get so far they will not be able to find their way home. I am offically very scared now, but can't let on to the kids. I do not want them to worry, too.
Leslie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leslie ...I will keep saying prayers honey!!! hang in there!!!

St Anthony helps you find things...will say extra prayers to him.

Hopefully someone will call the vet tags.

please let us know the second you find them and keep us updated.this tugs on my heart so much.

(((((leslie))))))))) hugs to you honey!

G

·
Leslie,
My prayers are with you. At least they are together. I wish I lived closer and could come help you search. Please keep us updated.
Linda

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Leslie, I can't imagine what you are going thru, I would be frantic. Is there any news this morning. I am praying for their safe return and hope that they are together wherever they are. Please post as soon as you can.

G

·
Leslie, my heart sank when I saw your post! I am just sick for you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers all day long. Please let us know as soon as you know anything!

Hugs to you!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I had a rough and LONG night. I kept thinking someone would call me or they would just show up on the porch like nothing happened. I sat outside in the 30 degree night listening for any familiar barks. Tried to sleep, but the ache in the pit of my stomach would not allow for much. Of course, there was lots of crying. I'm trying to be upbeat about their "adventure" to my boys. I know they are worried too, but they have to go to school and I need them to believe that the dogs will be home soon. My youngest asked me this morning if they should skip school and help he go find them. I'm glad I don't have to work until Friday. I have all day to look, but frankly don't know where to start. I pray the phone rings..soon!

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and support. I hope my next post is one of joy and relief....
Leslie

·
Registered
972 Posts
Leslie, Keep your head up. Call the police department and ask if anyone has spotted them. I would start there. Get some flyers going quickly, and drop them off at shelters, police departments, and any stores in your area. Grab some good smelling soft food and walk around with it. Maybe the scent will make them come back. I really don't know what else to say. I am so sorry. You can also call animal control and just ask them if anyone has seen them. Maybe they don't have them, but a spotting is better than nothing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You and your dogs are in my heart and prayers today. Hope we will be hearing of their safe return soon. I had this experience with an Afghan Hound once. I called in everyone I knew to help look for her--we finally found her about 12 hours later when she was just to tired to run anymore and was heading home. She slept for two days after that! With all the prayers out there I am sure you will have a happy ending soon.--Kathy

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Leslie,
I should be working, but I can't stop thinking about Lizzie and Calvin, so I keep coming back here checking on them. My heart hurts so bad for you...one other suggestion for you is to call your local radio station if you have one, and ask them to alert everyone to your missing dogs. They would be more than happy to help out, and it might get the word out quicker....
Dear St.Francis please protect them and St.Anthony please find them!
Kathie

G

·
I am the same way. I am just beside myself for you!!! I keep checking back to see if there are any updates. I can't imagine how you are feeling, I feel so sad for you!!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts