Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After another romp in the mud (courtsey of my daughter, ugh! :x ) Lani is only mostly clean after her 2nd bath in a week! With no deep freeze or sweltering heat to get rid of the mud I have decided to have Lani clipped. She has an appointment at Petsmart tomorrow at 8am. They told me that with an attachment over the clippers they can do a 2" cut. Should I go shorter?

Does anyone have any grooming pictures (before and after) of fleece coated LDs? :? Thanks.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LISA just keep this in mind....how fast does your doodle's hair grow back?

Max looks better when we groom him hahhahaha and his fleece coat is wavier to almost curly when freshly groomed.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
thats molly and I agree a little shorter would be better. my mom just clipped her about another 1" off and the face a little shorter and we all like it and the mud is a little better. I would say her hair in the picture is 2-1/2 - 3" and now its closer to 1-1/2 on the body and - 2 on the legs.

I cant seem to find a pic of her last week haircut and if you knew my parents you would think thats weird cause they send me a picture of everything she does and they only live 2 miles away! I love the pictures :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH everyone's doodles are so nice looking.

Max's fleece coat needs hardly any trimming. He has the wavy to almost curly scruffy look. hahhaha and last time he got groomed he looked more like a hair coat instead of fleece and had poodle paws.

Oh he smelt like a rasberry tooty fruit ad for 2 weeks :roll: and would not go near me for 2.5hrs
He prefers me to groom him instead

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaxandMe said:
Oh he smelt like a rasberry tooty fruit ad for 2 weeks :roll: and would not go near me for 2.5hrs
He prefers me to groom him instead
Than is funny because Lani would not look at me at all the way home, she looked out the window or put her face against the door. :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LISA
Max did the same, turned away from me on the way home. If his body touched me in anyway he'd Hmmrumpf loudly and shift his weight so he wasn't near me hahhaha and at home it got even better. :wink:

The 3 girls at petsmart were worn out and never fully clipped him in 3hours!! We saw him jumping on their backs!! He was horrible hahahhaa
For me he sits still and doesn't move.
Know what? I like to groom him as I find it relaxing soooooooo no more petsmart just mommie.
My boys are going to teach me how to use trimmers NEXT Summer hahha max the guinea pig :p

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Lani looks great, did they scissor cut or use a clipper. I am debating on trimming Archie.

Maggie is beautiful in both pictures :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dixiedi said:
Lani looks great, did they scissor cut or use a clipper. I am debating on trimming Archie.
She actually used clippers I wasn't so sure about it before I left. I stayed until Robbin tried to start on her head and would not listen so I left. Robbin did say it was a blade that she never used when she began 15 years ago but she uses it all the time now. I know she used scissors also. Best part is that she only charges $35.

She looks just like a big plush toy, she is sooooo soft.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts