Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got Dakota's calendar pictures online. The photographer actually called me a couple of weeks after we did the shoot with Jacque and Vicky's dogs. She had just been to a local park that was beautiful with fall color and wanted to know if Dakota would be available the following day. (Jac and Vicky, I figured one day notice wouldn't work for you but Marge loves to do Labradoodles and you have until next April to connect with her again!) . . . I'm not sure why the photos I post all come out different sizes . . . I guess I'm technically challenged!!

This photo is at my neighbor's house.

This is Dakota doing what he loves most!

We were so pround of him at the park--we only had one incident; otherwise he was good as gold. As always, of course. :shock:

This isn't my favorite photo, but maybe the picture taken with the "real" camera isn't so washed out.

I like this picture and I'm glad they didn't use to many flowers. Dakota is such a rough and tumble boy! :wink:

Ok, here's where the fun began. The photographers wanted us to sit Dakota next to the tree. He was beginning to relax, and to the photographers delight, he literally leaned his body up against the tree! :lol: See the creek behind Dakota?? After they were finished with the pictures, we hesitated a moment to long and when we looked over Dakota was halfway down the bank headed for a dip in the creek. (Jacque understands how I was feeling, times four!! :shock: ) At the last moment, he took our elevated commands seriously and turned around. We must have lunged a bit at him and the game began. Even time we approached him, he would run another direction. It got worse when two of the photographers joined in the chase1 :roll: Finally, I dropped to my knees and he ran right over to me! That was the one and only incident!

I love this photo. He was in a sit stay under a willow tree when he decided, again, to relax. He went into a down stay, again to the photographers' delight!

And the final photo.

I sure was glad when it was over!

Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Those are gorgeous photos! How wonderful to have such beautiful, professional pictures of your baby. Dakota is a very handsome boy.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ilove dakota swimming in the water ....looks soooooooo relaxing.
acutally, all the pictures are great.

how did you start getting involved doing this? and I like the running away bit as well

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A local breeder had one of her dogs featured on the cover of the 2006 Labradoodle calendar. I met the breeder at a romp and she was happy to give me contact information for the photographers. To my delight it is free to the customer--the photographers make their money from the calendar publishers. I would suggest you check the Websites of Labradoodle breeders in your area--or in an area you would be willing to drive to. The breeders love to showcase their calendar girls and boys. When you find one contact the breeder and ask for contact information for the photographer--I bet they'll share! :D
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks for sharing seazr...but I am not going to enter max, rather I thought it was neat you got to do that with dakota :) :lol:

also max is jet black ...it's hard to get good pictures of him unless the lighting is optimum hahhaha

G

·
Gorgeous photos, Gorgeous Dakota! I see Mr. September!!! I absolutely love his expressive beautiful eyes and I know the publishers will too!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
seazr what calendar is dakota going to be...im sure you know we'll all be out buying it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts