Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what happened today as we walked into Petsmart for Puppy Class. This lady and her (I think) husband are leaving the store as Cacao and I walk in. I love going to puppy class. It is Cacao's and my time. We walk in the doors and this lady with her PURE breed Poodle come out. ---What for it---- She looks at her husband and say I can't belive people would mix breeds like that. I then--turned to her and said that wasn't very nice. And walked in. :oops: :cry:

My husband said I should have told her that is what Hitler said.

I was so mad. But in class today Cacao learned leave it and drop it. She ROCKED AT IT!!!!!

So I forgot about the lady till I got home and told my husband the story.

That lady where ever she is she has BREEDISM!!! And HOW RUDE!!

I feel better now. :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm with you Samantha! You handled that so well! I think that a lot of those AKC brainwashed purebred folks might just be a little threatened by our wonderful doodles! All Tyke and I have to say is

YOU GO GIRL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Cacao,

You are a gorgeous doggie!!!
Some people don't want to try new things...

~Alicia

Hey, that's not nice!
Stupid predjudiced lady...
But congrats on learning leave it and drop it, that ones gets me yummy treats at home!!!

~Sam

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
It is sad that some people live their lives
with such predjudice.......................

They will never know the joy of a Doodle like we do
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Cacao, the way I see it, you got the best of both breeds! I've had Dex called a mixed breed mutt on another forum. I was offended, because it was elitist and rude. But then again, that person doesn't get to enjoy every day with a darling mutt, so it's her loss.

I've had many many purebred dogs. I loved them each for their own individual personalities. But Dex is the best dog I've had, by far.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I 1st want to say thank you guys. I was upset at 1st ,but now I am not. I know Cacao is a great dog. I guess some people who can't look past the breed and just see what I see and that is a GREAT and SMART dog(/BREED).

I would never say something like that to someone.

And I think all dogs are cute, even my friends Pug.

I guess I am a dog lover.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
That REALLY was RUDE!! Some people just don't know when to shut their pie hole. It amazes me sometimes.......like don't they have anything better to do? Besides that..........ignorance is the key word here. Why open your yip when nothing but stupidity is coming out....aaaaaaaaargh! Ya got me going now......LOL

·
Registered
146 Posts
sdrudge said:
She looks at her husband and say I can't belive people would mix breeds like that.......My husband said I should have told her that is what Hitler said.
I love that line and I'm going to try and remember it if I ever come across someone like that.

On a lighter note, we were walking Henry today and three people in a row said excitedly, "Oh a labradoodle!" So hopefully there are more positive people out there than ignorant ones like you came across.

You have a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
And my mom used to say" Be glad that person isn't your mother or related to you" :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not as quick as my husband. So I will also remember to tell them that is what Hitler said. My husband was upset he wasn't there to say it. But it shows me that he really has fallen for Cacao.

In pass outings Cacao has been told my people "I haven't seen a Chocolate Labradoodle before." "How cute that is what a Labradoodle looks like". So I do know not all people are rude.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
lindamarie said:
That REALLY was RUDE!! Some people just don't know when to shut their pie hole. It amazes me sometimes.......like don't they have anything better to do? Besides that..........ignorance is the key word here. Why open your yip when nothing but stupidity is coming out....aaaaaaaaargh! Ya got me going now......LOL
AW C'mon Stop holding back and tell us how you REALLY feel :wink: Hmmmm A Breedist, I like it :D I always tell em they have footprints on their tongue :lol: I also like the line " I bet you think that's a French Poodle, which of course it's not--it's a German Pudel :lol:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I also like the line " I bet you think that's a French Poodle, which of course it's not--it's a German Pudel

How funny, but true! We have a friend who hunts with a standard poodle, and says she is both a great water and field dog, and has more energy than the labs his friends own. He always reminds them that "The Pudel was a great German retriever until the French got hold of them and gave them bad haircuts!!! " :wink:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The sad thing is ,,is that EVERY breed is a result of people breeding different types dog to establish a breed for a certain purpose, if truth be said All dogs are mixed breeds
People like that just burns my butt,,, :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I obviously love standard poodles... I own 2!
Yet I've been noticing locally that while labradoodles seem to sell very well, I know 3 breeders of purebred standard poodles who have several older pups that they can't seem to give away! One has 4 six month old apricots that she's now asking $100 a piece for WITH papers... and she can't sell them! Another has a chocolate that's 8 months old that he's willing to negotiate a great price on... They just aren't selling.

So I wonder if in part, the existence of labradoodles seems to be a threat because they are so loved and in demand. I know I hear from people buying my pups that the men of the house refuse to have a "frufru poodle." but mix in the lab and they're quite excited!

It still doesn't make it right for people to be rude, but along with the "purebred bias" I think some are simply threatened by the popularity of our doodles. They're going to have to just get over it... 'cause obviously doodles are here to stay.
:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too had someone call doodles "mutts and mongrels" on a different forum.

One lady asked "If you want a labradoodle, why don't you just buy a lab"
I replied to her and said, "if someone wants a huskie, why don't they just buy a german shepherd...because they DON'T WANT ONE."

I have yet to hear back .....

:p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, how rude! Some people are such snobs, it's amazing.

So far everywhere we go EVERYONE LOVES Murphy. We get compliments everywhere we go.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I have to say I don't think I've ever heard a negative doodle comment around here...maybe 1 or 2, but nothing bad. Labra/goldendoodles are so popular in this area...we go to the dog park and we will regularly run into 4-5 others. I think the popularity in the area has helped.

We met a lady in Petsmart last night who asked with Kirby was...we said he was a mix of a poodle and an Irish Setter and she mentioned something about "wow they are mixing everything with poodles these days"...that's probably about the worst we get.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts