Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad thinks he's doing a really nice thing by taking us all out on outings one at a time. Rumor went Monday, Jonah went Tuesday....I enjoyed my one on one time with my brothers!! Today, he tricks those silly boys into the house leaving me out side. Then I saw the leash in his hand. Now I know that I'm going for a ride (yuck), it's inevitable.....but that doesn't stop me from doing doodle500's to prolong the agony. Dad had to trap me into the dog run.....heeheeheehee...I love it when he gets a little miffed and tries not to let it show!! Peoples is so crazy!! We went to his work and sat outside. It was really ok when Dad petted me and called me a good girl, but then peoples have to come over and talk to me....can't you see I want to be left alone. I even barked at a scarey guy....just told him, HEY Freak....back it on up! Some people think I'm a snob, but I'm just a little shy. Then we went to the pet store....smells fun, but I still don't like it. Dad did find our special biscuits, they are just in a different box and more $$ now. Maybe he'll quit whining now. I ignored everyone in the store, but trust me, I had my eye on them!! The best part of the day was coming home to my brothers.......Think I'll sleep til morning....or until dad moves!!

Miko

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweet faced Miko.
Your dad tries so hard .................
Maybe your one on one time can be just a walk around the neighborhood
Do you like that??????????

Woof woof

Denver

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Poor Miko! Sometimes you just have to humor us silly humans! We are so proud of our doodles and want so show you off!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhh ((((((((((((MIKO)))))))))))) doesn't your dad realize you like the comforts of home? :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Miko, Tanner is shy like you. We call him discerning. I think that makes both of you "special".

Gene, after dozens and dozens of outings and 1 year of daycare, this week is the first time that Tanner hasn't tried to duck when someone new tried to touch him. Of course they had a standard poodle and a lab with them so maybe that doesn't count.

Tanner likes his family and those that he sees regularly.....but strangers...forget it.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Awww, beautiful Miko! Poor Daddy, he just wants to show you off and to have a special "Daddy Daughter Date" with you. You will have to humor him, I guess.

Lexie told me to tell you that she barks are those peoples too...some of them can be so funny when they are scared! She said that her mom (me) doesn't like her to bark either, but sometimes it just slips out...but, Miko, she also said to tell you that if you must bark, bark with a toy in your mouth so that it doesn't count. :wink:

·
Registered
968 Posts
gene said:
I even barked at a scarey guy....just told him, HEY Freak....back it on up!
Boo says: Sassy! I like that in a girl doodle! 8) Sorry to hear that your outing wasn't so fun though.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was funny when she barked....the guy was shocked! He was obviously a dog lover, but he didn't sit right with her! I'm sure she's a better judge of character than I am.... :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene, I am with you ....Dogs are MUCH better judge of people than we are. IT is so rare Max doesn't like someone, but if he doesn't or barks a warning bark and acts nervous. I LISTEN to him :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon usually loves everyone, but there will be the occasional person she won't trust. When that happens, I'm as shocked as the person she's taken a mistrust in. It's usually the person that has offered her a treat. She just won't take a treat from a stranger and she won't have anything to do with them after the offer. Kind of strange, but I prefer she not take "candy from strangers" anyway!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Chip's of the mind that strangers are just friends he's not had the chance to cuddle with yet. I have yet to see him shy away from anyone.
Canada and Bella love 99% of new people and Hickory is learning to to tolerate me, but considers most humans a threat. So we have quite a range here, but based on their histories, It's not at all surprising.

Gene, you get an "E" for effort at least.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Miko,

Don't tell mommy but I think you just need a girls day. You know get your nails done and don't forget we should get our hair done. Think it over.

Cacao

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Miko ...

I'm with Cacao .... nails, hair, massage. You'll be howling for the car in no time.

You are such a trouper to be in the house with your FoodGuy and two brothers.

If you ever need some "girl time" come on down. FoodLady uses this really good smelling and tasting lotion and she'll let you lick it off her legs!

Also ... She is very willing to cuddle and is sad that I'm not ... just in the A.M. before she goes to work ... I'll do ANYTHING to keep someone home.

So take a trip to Cincinnati ... you'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're all going to the park together (read fear) with my cousin, her daughter and Chewie if the weather is good. Pray for us please!!

Miko doesn't mind a multi-dog outing, but if it's just her.....she'd rather I chase her around the yard a bit!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We're all going to the park together (read fear) with my cousin, her daughter and Chewie if the weather is good. Pray for us please!!
hahaha...you prob do need some prayers ;)

I don't know how you do it...it's tough sometimes with 2 doodles and 2 humans.

We want to go to the park too...unfortunately we had 5 beautiful days of weather all week while I sat inside at work and today the weather looks suspicious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts