Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta keep Marley from looking over my shoulder when viewing the destruction and other bad habits he seems to be picking up. Sunday was quite a day. My wife had left to got to the store. I went downstairs to watch the rest of the game I was watching(Packers Vs Rams), leaving Marley in the family room napping. After about twenty minutes our phone rang. Not recognizing the number, I did not answer, but went upstairs to check if the caller was leaving a message. As I got to the family room, I noticed it was ice cold and Marley was not in the spot I last saw. As I went up to the living room level, it got colder. I looked to the door and it was wide open. As I dashed out the door, I heard the caller speaking, a voice I did not recognize, but I heard her mention the name of the person who checks on Marley two days a week to give a little break and exercise, while we are at work. I walked in that direction. I got to the corner of our street, just a few houses down, and then could see a gathering of people outside the house of the caller, about 15 houses down. Marley went over to the park across their house first, to see all the kids sleding. When our caller noticed Marley but not us, she thought that was highly unusual. So she went and got him, brought him back home and called us. When I got there Marley jumped up glad to see me but he was having a great time with the callers dog, so the greeting was short lived. The caller, a person we have become familiar with since getting Marley, was glad to help and shared stories of her dog doing the same thing when he was a puppy. I embarassingly thanked her up and down. We were very fortunate the results were what they were. It could have been different. We assume that Kathy must not have shut the door all the way, and the windy conditions led to its opening. And Marley decided to join the kids he watches from a distance all the time from the front window. We are very fortunate and grateful. I will be stopping by her house tomorrow with gift box of choclates we made this year for the holidys, showing our great appreciation.

Marley finished out his day by totally destroying a pair of my cheater reading glasses. It appears he did not have time to consume anything. He was still busy working on making the pieces bite size when apprehended. He has become a walking destroyer, and until recently, I only read about at this site. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Oh well, we will justy have to be extra careful.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Maybe somethings in the air? Heather and I both had escapees lately.

I'm glad it all worked out OK! Marley needs to lay off the glasses though. Try giving him pencils or crayons instead. :)

Deb

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow Greg
That was a great ending thank the lucky stars ...............

Sue
Marley stay home buddy could get hurt

Woof

Denver

G

·
Greg I know what you went through. Maya ran off yesterday. At least you were calm about things. I went screaming through the neighborhood Maya Come! I have cookies! looking like a complete lunatic I'm sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts