Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 36" bully stick at a pet store in town here and cut it inot 7 pieces with a hacksaw. The stick was 14 dollars so I managed to get 7 ully sticks for 2 dollars each. Each piece is close to six inches and lasts Samantha about a day.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Good idea!! And much cheaper than they usually are!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What brand are you all buying? I tried a Merrick with Tanner and it smelled so bad that I had to throw it away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bully STicks

They're incredibly cheaper online than at the stores. I found them on the web for 59 cents each for a 6 in. stick.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The ones I got for Tyke were made by Red Barn, and I ordered her a box of them from Pet Food Direct - so far, no bad smells or anything. You probably were right to throw that one away, Annie.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i wish - shaia plows through a 12" stick in an hour. :shock:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i had to Google *bully sticks* to find out what they
were
It's always funny to see people's reactions when they find out where these wonderful chewies come from! I took two bully sticks over to my aunt and uncle's house for their shih tzus (who LOVE them, by the way) :p
Don't feel bad - I was pretty embarassed when I asked and was told where the come from!!! :oops:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I can't give these to Ozzie anymore as he chews them down like a psycho-maniac and when he gets to a length of about 6-8 inches he pops the whole thing down his throat. In a few minutes, this elongate object is poking at the insides of his stomach and he starts heaving and puking. I still have a couple left and I'm going to cut them down to half inch lengths with my bolt cutters. After that no more bully sticks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ChasP505 said:
I can't give these to Ozzie anymore as he chews them down like a psycho-maniac and when he gets to a length of about 6-8 inches he pops the whole thing down his throat. In a few minutes, this elongate object is poking at the insides of his stomach and he starts heaving and puking.
same with shaia - i have to take them away from her when they're about 4" or she'll swallow the whole thing and it'll come out the other end looking exactly them same as when she swallowed it (sorry for that). i'm worried it'll get lodged somewhere though!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Natalie yes they are hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Max and Peanut used to get mushy poops from bully sticks :cry:
so now they get marrow bones and tank bones

·
Registered
160 Posts
Matey just loves his bully sticks. I have ordered the "odor free" 12" ones from Bullysticksonline.com and they do not have any smell. He also swallows the last 3-4 inches but does not have any problem with digesting them. I have also given him trachea's but they are a bit fatty and too rich for him for he has barfed them up! YUK

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
what is the best one. Cacao has never had them. I have a big rawhide bone that she loves but I don't know if I should have more then one.....you all talk these up so I want to try them.

Do they have a peanut butter flavor??

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recommend the odor free bully sticks. The others can get really smelly. As for the taste I believe that the dogs just like the natural flavor. The are 100% digestable protein unlike the rawhide chews.

·
Registered
98 Posts
All the ones i have gotten have been really smelly too. I just found out the other night what they are... We were in obedience class and I was telling a woman about how they last longer than other chewies and she hadn't heard of them so I showed her after class, she looks at them and starts laughing and says those are bull weiners! OMG I laughed so hard, I had no idea :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
ok, i just read what a bully stick is. i'm still in shock :shock: i keep thinking this must be a joke! but you all sound so serious! Excuse me for being niave --- but how could they be so big?!
i'm still in shock. :shock:

·
Registered
160 Posts
A bull is a pretty large animal and the bull's mate is a cow which is also a very large animal. In order for the bull and cow to "get together", there needs to be a quite a big "connection".

How did I do explaining the size? As a side note I have placed another order for the 12" jumbo but they are back ordered! The man said that they were selling like hotcakes (or did he mean beefcakes :shock: )They also come in 36" which they refer to as a walking stick. I believe that the 36" are also cut to length :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts