Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gave in today and bought Callie some "pizzles", which I believe are what most of you refer to as "bully sticks"... let's just say that there are some bulls who are better off not knowing what happened to their parts once they'd gone to the butcher :?

Of course, Callie loves them. No surprise, she loves most anything she can put in her mouth. But is it normal for them to smell? I just notice that they are 'stinkier' than most of her other treats. It would make sense given what they are, but just wanted to ask.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were "Rollover" brand, from Alberta. Package of 4 about 6" lengths was just under $5.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yep. Some smell more than others and I haven't been able to figure out why. But if I need a few minutes of quiet, they're like doggie downers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
bully stix make me nauseous. seriously, sometimes i feel like i'm going to vomit - they smell so bad. but S loves loves them and they keep her occupied for a solid 30-45, even longer. the perfect distraction when i bring her to a work meeting or someone's house. the hooves can smell strong too but not as bad.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max and peanut last year got mushy pooopies after having bully sticks
NO more of those things in this house hahhaaaa

i prefer to smell the hickory breath of Tank bones hahhaaaa

·
Registered
398 Posts
On one of the sites that sell Bully Sticks it said the reason some smell is the way they are dried. If they are dried vertically they are not supposed to smell.

·
Registered
247 Posts
they give shaia "pudding poop" too if she eats them a couple days in a row. so she's limited to a few times a week. also, i have to keep eye on her while she chews - she once swallowed a good 2"-3" chunk and it came right out the other end looking the same :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts