Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a small SUV - and no backseat room because of the huge kids car seats...So I'm looking for something that is not a crate, that I can secure the two dogs with in the back of the SUV. I'm concerned about the two pups tangling up together, but then saw this.

I'm not sure that anyone has one, but was wondering what you all think of this. Do you think it would work? We already have 4 anchors in the floor, so I wouldn't need any hardware to use two of these.

http://www.buckleuppup.com/products.html

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Looks like it should work. You'll have to watch that it doesn't get chewed in an effort to escape.

Have you looked into a barrier system for your SUV? We have one for our Outback and it works great. Ours can be taken out for when you don't want it in. I know Petsmart sells them along with Cabella's. I'm sure others sell them, but we got ours from Cabella's. There's a store close to us and we had a gift card.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I think it should work. We have an attachment that hooks to Kirby's EZ ride harnass and then to a hook we have in the back of our SUV - it looks similar to what you posted (except that ours has a separate harnass and attachment

I tried to find it online but can't...but it's similar to this...this is what we have for Dex (in the back seat)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Buckle-up-Dog-C...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I just ordered an AKC pet harness type seatbelt for my dogs. It hasn't arrived yet, but I figure it has to be safer than letting them bounce around loose in the back seat. Am hoping since it's from AKC it will be decent. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cinsmom said:
Looks like it should work. You'll have to watch that it doesn't get chewed in an effort to escape.

Have you looked into a barrier system for your SUV? We have one for our Outback and it works great. Ours can be taken out for when you don't want it in. I know Petsmart sells them along with Cabella's. I'm sure others sell them, but we got ours from Cabella's. There's a store close to us and we had a gift card.
I actually could let them be "free" in the backpart without the barrier because the kid's carseats are very tall and they couldn't jump over...But I wasn't sure if that was safe. Plus, I've heard they are trying to pass new legislation in CA that your pets have to be buckled/secured. So I'm trying to find something.

I'm way picky about my kids carseats and make them use the huge Britax Regent carseats that will keep them in a 5 point harness until they are 80 pounds....So I was thinking I should make sure my Doods are safe too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts