Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

Someone posted a recipe for cotton balls, etc, to help prevent puncture injuries when dogs consume glass, and I can't find Anything on the seach engine under cotton balls.... just lots of cute references to dogs playing with balls.

I have a little emergency underway. I was called away to approve the housekeeper's work just as I had added the fresh-cooked chicken to the doggy bowls.... As I got upstairs, we heard a crash, and I raced back to the kitchen to find all the dogs in the corner clustered around a shattered dog bowl, the food was gone, but there's plenty of blood! Two of my breeder prospect puppies have bloody mouths and whiskers.

If anyone recalls the recipe to feed the cotton balls that catch the shards and prevent puncture injuries, please share it quickly!

Thank You!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DEB hope all goes well and please keep us posted with an update as that is real worrisome...thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, all for your concerns. It is great to have a wave of moral support!

Ins't that comical that I was the one who posted that thing in the beginning... see, I told you I'd forget what it was for... I knew I had to cotton balls for a glass emergency, and now will store the recipe WITH the cotton balls! Ah, those senior moments!

Also, that's a true display of getting back what we put out to the Universe. Man, am I ever glad I shared that!

Once I realized who had posted it, I remembered who had sent it to me, and trust the source, so I pieced the broken bowl back together and found almost nothing missing from it. I don't know if the Marine who was cleaning up the mess while I crated dogs as fast as I could corner them swept up the couple of tiny pieces or not, so we had "cotton candy" yesterday, and everyone gulped down their bowl of cotton soup.

Blue, in his ever-determined way of choosing his own path, pulled one of his cotton balls out of the half & half soup, dropped it on his foot, making a big white blob on his near black wool, then proceed to gleefully toss it around the room. That was so much fun that he did that with at least one more morsel, so he did some substantial decorating of the family room! Half & half delight!

The last time a dog of mine dined on broken glass and chicken bones, he was pooping blood almost immediately. Everyone here is still doing fine, and I'm keeping a close eye on everyone. So far, so good! We're back on regular food today. It will be a quiet couple of days while the pups go outside individually instead of in a wild pack practicing for greyhound races, but that's life.

Thank You Vanessa, for finding that thread!!!! And thanks to all of you who've expressed your concerns!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Deb so glad to hear everyone seems to be fine !

Now that would have been the picture of the day if you had captured Blue flinging his 1/2&1/2 soaked cotton ball around :wink:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that would have been the picture of the day if you had captured Blue flinging his 1/2&1/2 soaked cotton ball around
Ha! I don't have enough hands for that! I was holding Blue's bowl with one hand, and keeping Deva out of it with the other.

I'm sure he'd be happy to repeat the performance, though.... :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks for the Happy ending update :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts