Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I went to visit the owner of Briarcreek Kennel in Utica, OH to see if we'd want to get a Labradoodle from her. I really have no experience purchasing a dog from a breeder, other than what I've read on the internet. She seemed very nice & knowledgeable about the dogs. I contacted 2 of ther references who were very happy with their dogs.

Does anyone have any info on this breeder they can share w/me? :?:
you can email me at:

[email protected]

G

·
I would want to know the status of the parents re: OFA testing.

"We currently are have tested all of our dogs for Von Willebrand's, and have done eye exams on everyone. We are working on doing OFA certification on all of our adult dogs. Some are done already, some only have preliminaries done. Hopefully, by the summer of 2006, most everyone will have been done."

I don't know anything about them, just what I read on their site. You might get some more responses by posting your question on this other forum too:

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/228724.html

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Kris has been helpful and very nice to me, I would buy a dog from her in a second,

as far as other doodle sites go, well this one is probably the most honest of any and is not biased in any respect as many other sites are, so responses you get from others take with a grain of salt,

what i would do is talk to her, if you feel comfortable then go with that breeder,

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Amyg -

Call me paranoid, but maybe you (or one of the moderators) should edit out your phone number from public view, and just reserve it for PMs. Even though we're a loving bunch here, you never know who's lurking.

Be careful out there.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
" TRUST but Verify" is a good thing to follow.

i do not know this kennel but hopefully others do and will PM you.
Good luck .....and asking OFA and other test results , also the temperments of the parents, you can even ask their vet number.

i hope all goes well and update us when you can.

PS Phone numbers really shouldn't be listed or personal info
and rather should be stated more in the context of
"please PM me" then privately give any personal info etc :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts