Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been presented with questions from some lately due to my replies and/or questions and thoughts i've posted.
So rather then hedge them....i'll answer them

1. I am not breeding unless i could breed either North American Retrievers and/or F2's
as due to my bad allergies and my son's bad asthma,
thus labs and golden retrievers are out of the question.

2. I do have the set up for breeding as my house is large with a
finished walk out basement that was originally built to be a inlaw set up.
there are 3 drains built into the flooring except for the family room down there.
AND I do have the land as 6 acres does give doodles room to run walk etc

3..BUT I am NOT in a position to get a female anytime soon.
That is something to consider down the line possibly ??? but not right now.

HOWEVER I have ( in the past and now with BEAU)
seriously am considering the fact of stud service via chilled sperm shipped over night or next day services.

I have set up appts with 2 vets to discuss this and Testing BEAU as well.
If he doesn't pass test then i stop and get him fixed. I have been doing tons of research trying to learn and find out as much as possible.

MY own breeder has talked to me about North Amercian Retrievers down the line versus f2 goldendoodles but she is not willing to do anything for quite awhile. She considered breeding Beau but decided to wait on f2 vs North Am Retreivers.

we have Beau to love and enjoy. I watched him since he was 2 days old his color getting deeper red when he was about 8 weeks or so old and how his temperament was both with 11 other littermaates and then alone with his parents for 2 weeks.

My breeder's dam and sire throw all red goldendoodle litters ,
some even deeper than Beau :shock: with 2 creams like Peanut in each litter. her last litter she had 12 ...8 females with 4 males
only 2 were cream.
Peanut's litter there were 8, 6 were real deep red and Peanut was 1 of the 2 cream/white with apricot tones.

the dam is deep red goldendoodle and the sire a apricot std poodle both with awesome temperaments and both are "thinkers"

4. for those not familar and/or are new

Beau is a f1 RED goldendoodle that so far has one of the best temperments that I,my breeder and others have seen , he is also a "thinker", fast learner , quite laid back and easy going, sweet natured but also not a push over , nor stubborn.
His dam and sire throw all reds with 2 creams with white and apricot mix.

Also the ones I still see and know along with people that my breeder hears from as she calls them time to time...well none are shedders to-date.

5. So for now i'll get Beau tested to see if I can even think of pursuing this avenue of breeding.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
One thing is for certain...if you do decide to move forward, you will do so correctly and the entire breed will benefit. Every time a breeder does the work and cares enough to know if it is right or not, then the entire doodle community benefits!
Good work, AnnMarie!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Beau, if tests properly, would produce gorgeous puppies on his part ! I believe you would do very well with breeding, you have only the dogs best interest at heart and are very caring and have great knowledge, what you don't know on breeding you apparently are researching very well.

You do know if you decide to get a female and breed them, that I will be expecting daily pictures when the pups are born :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While i am home this winter and hopefully working out of my house i can also complete more research as well as getting BEAU tested.
the upside? I am home full time with doodles for the next 3months in another week .

the downside? I have a perfect set up for breeding but not the financial backing at this time
as starting up is soooooooooo costly with TESTS, finding a Breeding female , meds, supplies, books, set up,
and so on as the list is almost infinite at times.

the other thing for me to consider is when you get a "possible" female puppy for breeding and waiting to see test results
while the puppy also matures to showing temperment, color, coat, health etc and then to be of breeding age
VERSUS paying $$$$ for a mature breeding female

AND my doodles are my babies not breeding dogs---as you are the same way too with your doodles. Also i cannot have a lab or golden retriever in my home for any reason due to my and my sons serve allergies and he has asthma too.
So only f1b's and North Am. retrievers would be my options

LOVING them and giving them the right care, guidance/training, time, love is top priority
....my Vets and friends tease me that I really did give birth
to my doodles hahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I really want to try STUD service with chilled sperm with Beau first
before ever considering breeding with a female.
Also getting back into financing again right now but from home
and wow NOW i can do personal, business and commercial lending in 20 states :shock: and have some control over fees, points and rates
(awesome!)
Just have to watch the stress level as my doctor warned me hahhahahaa

My landscape job is seasonal which means from December to March 1st we get laid off

My Cup is always half full ......so i can finally pursue a dream of mine
to do this kind of breeding to aid in breeding top quality dogs for temperment, health and also color if possible....Beau's tests determine what happens next

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Good luck in any endeavor you choose Annmarie
Your heart and soul are in the right place and the rest you will learn.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well no matter what you decide it will be right for you and yours. I'm glad that you are really looking into the research before just jumping into breeding that is where most mess up. Good Luck in what ever you choose!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts