Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am brand new to this forum. I am starting my search for a smaller sized labradoodle. I had a Black lab(mix) but mostly lab, for 13 years who I lost this past March. Unfortunately my daughter (who is 27 and now lives on the East Coast) developed pretty bad allergies (including asthma) and so when she visited us she had to avoid most areas of the house where our Sierra was or had been.

So now I would like to try a breed that is a little less like to cause severe allergies so her trips home can be a little more pleasant. She comes home to visit about 3-4 times a year.

I am especially interested in a smaller size dog because I am widowed and really need to be able to manage the dog by myself. I have an adult disabled daughter (age 30) who lives at home, and we really miss the companionship of a dog.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome Anilu :) Jodi at MisBHaven Doodles has some mini's and mediums and she is in southern California if that helps. Her website is www.misbhavendoodles.com Good luck!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, and welcome!
I am working towards breeding some nice mini-to-medium f1b Labradoodles from the nicest, most loving Labradoodle (and dog) we've ever owned. Hopefully next time she's having her cycle we'll get there, but I have to work with long-distance breeders so I've learned to not get too excited till Yankee's tummy is bulging! You are welcome to email me but if you don't want to wait, I wouldn't blame you. :)

Jodi is a great breeder and you should find puppies there but I thought I'd offer another list of breeders: http://www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org ... ctory.html

these breeders all do the important genetic testing to try to secure that their puppies will grow into adulthood with no genetic diseases.

best wishes!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good morning...welcome! I have a small standard puppy, female and she is already spayed and ready to go to a new home now. I live in Willits, north of Santa Rosa...where are you?

She is 14 months old so we will sell her at a discount to a good family. I expect her to be only about 40 lbs when she matures. Her mother is 40 lbs and this girl looks very much like her mother. Most mini Labradoodles are 35-45 lbs, from what I understand.

She is turning silver...in fact I posted her picture on another thead earlier: She is on page 2, http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/view ... r&start=15

We have donated 3 dogs as service dogs so as long as you are willing to put the time and commitment into training her, she has what it takes to be a great pet.

Please keep in mind that ALL puppies will have some wild energy and certain things that they need to be trained to do or not to do...so whenever you get a puppy, you will need to train that pup to be what you want...yet Labradoodles are really gentle dogs and this particular puppy is very loving and sweet. She is extremely smart too.

Let me know if you would like more info. I am not aware of any other northern CA breeders of Labradoodles...I am sure that we have them, but I've not seen any advertised...except for a puppy mill in one town but I don't advise going there...

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahahaha!! I need proof readers! :oops:
Thanks, Vicky! Acutally I think that I figured wrong anyway...I think that she is closer to 16 weeks!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Anilu, just checking to see if you've found a puppy yet :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I haven't found a puppy yet - Thanks

No I haven't found a puppy yet - Thanks for checking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts