Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Not answere any e-mails from Dubai. I got one and they sent me $3800 to purchase a puppy. Then they said could I please send back $1900 to them for their handler to make arrangements to fly the pup to them. They sent US postal Money Orders (4 @ $950). After going to the post office today I found out they were FAKE!! I didn't send them any money. But just want to let you all know what is going on and to be careful! Thanks, Sueg

·
Registered
483 Posts
That sounds like a rewrite of the Nigerian scam wanting you to help the writer get Millions. All you have to do is send thousands of dollars and you can partake! The Cashier's Checks turn out to be fakes, too! This scam has been around for years, I'm sad to say.

I'm glad you got wise to this before you got burned. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deb and you were right. I am on the computer all the time and get a lot of spam and phishing so am used to it but these guys were pretty slick! Today I spoke with the post office and they said these guys are from Nigeria and they can't seem to catch them cause of cell phones and phoney e-mail. They were calling me till I told them I was on to their game and the mail orders were fake. As soon as I told them that they hung up and I haven't heard from them. What a mess! I couldn't sleep all last night!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sorry this had to happen to you but, thank goodness, it wasn't any worse. I don't know why people just can't get a job :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
There are sooooooooo many scams nowadays it's horrible!!

Also watch out for EBAy hoaxes, bank account ones too., and OH a lotter winner from the UK lottery.
IF YOU know you didn't give out your email address and you get this type of email. Chances are it's a scam!!
I just feel bad for elderly people that try to learn how to use a computer and emial and get this stuff

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Luckily the government now is beginning to prosecute some of these scammers now as 4 or 5 years ago our laws didn't cover the internet. i had to take a course on this stuff previously and you wouldn't believe some of the corporate stuff that also goes on!

ohhhhhhhhhh life gets easier with computers to obtain things but harder to determine what's legit. Luckily this site safe and so are the ads on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts