Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a new baby today! I thought you might enjoy seeing pics of her.
She's an AKC Lab with SWEET bloodlines and is 8 weeks old. I wouldn't normally buy a pup this age, but I simply could not resist! I found her just 20 miles from me, bred by a chemistry professor at a local university. He used to breed Labs in Montana and hasn't gotten known here yet, so I got too sweet a deal to pass up. I haven't even named her yet. :)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OMG Tink!!! How beautiful, gorgeous and cuddly looking! Now who could resist!!!?? Congrats!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What a beauty...she has a face like Tuesday's momma...

With a dog with excellent lines you can go both ways. The breeder I bought Tuesday from gets $1000 a puppy. She is a groomer and only did 2 labradoodle litters as she was facinated by the breed but could not get as much for an F1.
I feel that I was the lucky one to get one of those pups!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Congrats!! What a sweet looking Lab. Name ideas: Sundance, Savanna, Butter, Blondie, and Goldie.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Judi, I DO see the similarity!

Sadly, there are MANY careless Lab breeders in Wisconsin who figure if they have papers they should be bred and stop thinking at that point. The local papers are filled with ads for AKC lab pups for $200 - $400 and many have a tough time selling them at those prices.

I don't claim to be any authority on Lab lineage, but when I looked at this girls pedigree and picked out River Oaks Corky, Candlewood etc, I was the breeders new best friend. He said he's been absolutely depressed by the locals lack of knowledge or interest in his dogs lineage. He said all they asked was are they registered... nothing about testing; nothing about seeing them work; nothing he felt a serious lab person would normally ask. And when he told them his price, people would spit, sputter and hang up! lol

So he's been rethinking the whole breeding thing. Since he's so fascinated with genetics, I think he's seeing this as an adults science project; which could certainly help me to learn as we go too.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dextersmommy, I used to have a cream colored quarter horse named "Peaches 'N Cream" we called her Peach. So I love the name, but it's one I've already used. lol

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
She's beautiful!! she's a real sweet pea :D

different name:Monique--- prounounced MOE NEEK
it means the special pretty one or as in a beautfiul blossoming flower

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What a cutie - she is going to be a BEAUTIFUL dog!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all, I'm excited as she's a very sweet fun pup. Hubby dropped in today unexpectedly (Never really know when semi drivers will arrive) and he agreed she's a prize. WHEW! (He didn't even know I was going to look)
We've decided to name her Gypsy's Lullaby. Will most likely go by Gypsy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts