Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow is the big day. My little boy, becomes my little "it". We are dropping him off at 8am in the morning and he has to stay overnight :cry: I don't like it but I know that it's safe, and will be in the best place if something doesn't go perfectly well (like I'm sure it will).
I can't believe he won't be at home with me tomorrow night when Tony is busy with poker night.
It was like "Tina and Boone date night" and I have to spend it alone.

Best wishes please, even tho it's routine, I still worry.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awwww! I am sure everything will go well for Boone ... and for you! Do you like to read? I just picked up Marley and Me and I am hooked!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We aren't picking him up till tomorrow at 5pm!! They like to keep them through the most painful bit so they can keep a steady dose of painkillers in them.
It's so sad and for some reason I feel really bad even tho I know it's what needs to be done.

·
Registered
689 Posts
When he had Chester done I kind of wish they had kept him a bit longer---he came home the same day. I hated seeing him on those puppy pain killers. The poor guy looked so spaced out and vague.

I know you probably wanted him with you to watch tonights episode of 'Lost'. :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he's out of the operation and doing fine. His bloodwork was within an acceptable range, and he's scheduled for dinner at 4:00.
Hpefully he keeps it down and we might be able to get him earlier in the afternoon tomorrow!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Tina,
I am sure that Boone will be great...I am glad that he is out of surgery now...I think it is always harder on the owner left at home than on the puppy!
I'll be watching for the happy reunion!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did wonderfully. The vet tech called just after his dinner to tell us he was eating like a champ, and even asked to go outside to wee.
Then she said..."we love having him here, he now resting and generally being cute" I'm so proud of my boy! Being cute as a button even in a scary time.
I can't wait to go get him tonight. We also have his first puppy class tonight (no dogs allowed for this one) then next thursday Boone comes to school with us!

·
Registered
215 Posts
YAY Boone! I'm glad he did great- and he didn't lose his cuteness! We had Duke neutered 8 days ago and after the first day, you would never know anything happened. He's back to himself competely and it's hard to stop him from running around!! Give Boone an extra welcome home kiss for us!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Tina, I'm so happy to hear that Boone is doing well!

It is always so nice, too, when the vet staff enjoy your sweet puppy...makes you an even more proud mama when you know that he must not feel great, but yet he is acting like his wonderful, sweet self!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts