Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week Summer was eating out of her raised feeder and she got her name tag (bone shaped) stuck in between the bowl and the side of the iron feeder. She pulled back and dragged the whole feeder with her across the kitchen. Food and water went flying everywhere, and she was so scared! After I knew she was okay, I couldn't help but laugh histerically! She is still scared that the feeder is going to chase her through the kitchen. But, I knew I had to get a different tag. I can't imagine what would have happened if I wasn't there when she got stuck. I think it was someone on this forum that mentioned boomerangtags.com, so I ordered one and just got it today! I love it! It looks great and I don't have to worry about her getting caught on anything, especially because she has a martingale collar (limited choke). I can't remember who originally posted about them because now I can't find the message, but thank you!

Bridget and Summer

G

·
My aunt had a similar experience with her dog. She was training him on the deck and she had a choke chain on him, he was in a down stay and the chain slipped through the boards and the ring twisted. He freaked! She had to get under the deck and pull the ring down and turn it, meanwhile he was choking himself pulling against it with all his might, and he is an 80 pound dog. Scary.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
689 Posts
I purchased a tag for Chester from Gotags.com. They have the kind that slide on to the collar and don't dangle. I've been very happy with them. Of course now he is so fluffy you'd have to search through his fur to find it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's a funny story! Poor girl! I could just imagine her face!

I just ordered one of those slide tags, but it hasn't gotten here yet. I hope it fits his collar, but boomerang does guarantee it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know... the look on her face was priceless. She still eats off to the side of the feeder because I think she thinks it is going to "chase" her again! The tag fits well, and it arrived 2 or 3 days after I ordered it. She has a 1" collar and it seemed a little bigger but I guess it has to to fit properly. It's great... I even tried to get it off and it seems like its stuck on there! Well, it's 51 degrees here right now - yesterday was 20 something - so we're off to the dog park!

Bridget and Summer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts