Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bodzin has never gotten into our trash.... until the last two days. I am almost 100% sure that he ate a tampon. Not to go into a lot of detail, but it was a smaller one and I am thinking that if he doesn't puke it up, it will get pooped out.
Any suggestions on expediting the process? This is so gross that I don't even want to give him a kiss tonight. yuk.... I guess this is the trials that one goes through with a puppy.
mineral oil? more water? less water? stick my finger down his throat?

·
Registered
462 Posts
You might want to go to the Vet. Anthony just brought up the fact that they're very absorbant, and it might reek havoc on his stomach....

Best of luck.... I just figured out EXACTLY what Napa decided to eat while I was away.....

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Yep, I have to agree with the others... since a tampon is absorbent and will expand to hold liquid, it's very likely to get lodged somewhere and block things up. If food and liquids can't go down, they will start to come back up and then you're looking at surgery to remove it.

I hope we're all worried for nothing... but it could be dangerous.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh no! Reading all of what could happen has scared me for you! I sure hope you're mistaken. Keep us posted....hope everything is okay!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ditto to above.....PLEASE call your vet as a tampon is meant to be absorbant and it also has been known to stay in place.

I am sure you vet will have dealt with this before?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
MaxandMe said:
ditto to above.....PLEASE call your vet as a tampon is meant to be absorbant and it also has been known to stay in place.

I am sure you vet will have dealt with this before?
Tampons staying in place? What? What forum am I on???

ok, all kidding aside... I hope Bodzin is ok!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
now i think this is one post the MEN on this forum will read and not comment hahhahaaa

Please Update us

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I hope he is ok!! I would def call the vet too.

Why do dogs insist on eating the most gross things??? Dex has had a hold of my female products (before we got a garbage can w/a lid on it) and it's just so foul!!

G

·
OK, I think Bodzin will be fine because:
Tampon was small and (OK if you get grossed out easily, don't read any further :lol: )...
it was in the trash which means it was USED! It had already did the absorption thing, so I do believe it will pass just fine...
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Linda said:
OK, I think Bodzin will be fine because:
Tampon was small and (OK if you get grossed out easily, don't read any further :lol: )...
it was in the trash which means it was USED! It had already did the absorption thing, so I do believe it will pass just fine...
Keep us posted!
Still with us Gene
bahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa

In this case being used is a good thing.................

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
solution

I was in meetings all day and just got to reading your replies....
I decided that I had two choices, based on what I had read on the internet and my in-laws experience with the same thing and their dog.
1: Wait for it to pass.
2: Induce Vomiting.

I induced vomiting... and viola!... there was the tampon in the midst of some dinner.

Believe me, no feminine products in the open wastecan ever again!
Thanks for your replies..... I am just thankful I found a solution that worked and was not costly or harmful to my buddy.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Re: solution

windex said:
I was in meetings all day and just got to reading your replies....
I decided that I had two choices, based on what I had read on the internet and my in-laws experience with the same thing and their dog.
1: Wait for it to pass.
2: Induce Vomiting.
I induced vomiting... and viola!... there was the tampon in the midst of some dinner.

Believe me, no feminine products in the open wastecan ever again!
Thanks for your replies..... I am just thankful I found a solution that worked and was not costly or harmful to my buddy.
Great news..................Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW i am soooooooo happyto hear the good news!!!
i was sooooooo worried

and what is it with our doodles the past couple of weeks!
socks, towels, tennis balls...and of course someone's tampon!

and GENE good job posting here :wink:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts