Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question :?- but I am confused.
Do Doodles 'blow' their coats more than once? Reagan had already gone
thru the 'blown' coat phase, and shed lightly on a regular basis after it.
Last week I started to notice a huge increase in the amount she shed, and
now I'm wondering if it's a normal Doodle pattern - or should I be concerned. Other than being a little over weight,[ she gained 3 extra pounds this winter ]- she is very happy and healthy. I'd love some
Doodle advice :)
Julee

G

·
Funny thing - I noticed the same thing with Odie recently. He had blown his coat about 3-4 months ago & now we have huge tumbleweeds again. I was thinking maybe it was related to Spring & the warm weather we started having - you know, getting rid of the extra winter fur. He seemed to not be a shedder at all when he was a puppy.
Antoher question I have is: I am brushing him too often & is this maybe causing the extra shedding? I've been brushing him daily like I've always done with my Labs. I read somewhere that certain breeds of dogs should only be brushed once a month. Anyone else ever hear that? He eats a quality diet & I put some of the "good-for-the-coat" oil into his food. It's a mystery!! Thank heavens for Swiffers!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't know for sure, but my doods both lost a TON of hair just after their neuter/spay surgery. That was a couple of months ago. Not much shedding since then. Now a whole lot more. Could be the weather is warming up, but could be their age. My doods are just now 9 mos. old. I brush a couple of times a week.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Sorry no help here...my girls have always been shedders...they slowed way down after they turned a year old, but they are F1s and they do shed. I have not seen my F1B babies shed, except for the little Lab-looking pup...but he was adorable enough that no one cares!
Could be seasonal, that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have noticed my black thich haird Curly doodle barely sheds....
But my thick beautiful blonde Doodle sheds like crazy ...I can comb enough hair out of her to clone another doodle...
Wondering if any difference in the coloring of dogs...
Are there any short haired wirey black doodles seem like all of the wiry looking doodles are light colored...just wondering ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts