Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever had a dog with a bloody nose?

My Westie has been acting funny since last night and we woke up this morning and there is blood coming from one of her nostrils. She sneezed a lot last night, but hasn't this morning.

We have called the vet and have an appointment at three this afternoon, but I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this. I certainly haven't.

Thanks,
Adam :cry: :(

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nope... never heard of it! Perhaps something is irritating her sinuses which would account for all the sneezing? There is so much more nose to examine with dogs. I hope it isn't serious!

Deb

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am doing research online and half of what I read is telling me that it is nothing serious, and the other half is telling me that she is on death's door!

I just panic when anything is wrong with her cause she has an inoperable heart murmur. I guess we are just extra careful with her....

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have never heard of a dog getting a bloody noise. I am sorry I can't be of any help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you have foxtails in your area? Or something similar? When Napa went in under suspicion of Kennel Cough, they thought he might have a foxtail in his nose. So, perhaps its just something that's gone in and won't come back out... Because it does sound like it because of all the coughing...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we definitely panicked! But the bleeding has stopped and she has resumed her natural behavior. We called the vet and she said to just keep an eye on her and if the bleeding starts again to bring her in.

I''m still a little nervous, but am keeping my fingers crossed that it is really nothing.....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
keeping paws crossed here and i'd listen to the vets advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts