Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, does this stuff work? I am going to go insane if I don't get Coal to stop chewing my drip system heads. We don't get much rain here in the desert so I am hoping this stuff works because it wouldn't be washing off all the time out here. I have a friend that told me it doesn't phase her dog so I thought I would check with y'all before I spent the money. Gosh, the things they try to munch on! I have palo verde trees with thorns all over them that Coal keeps jumping up and biting. Also, he is biting all the flowers off of my lantana bushes. Can I put this bitter apple stuff on all my plants? It doesn't kill anything I suppose? Rocks seem to be some sort of a delicacy with my doodle and his sister as well. My mother and I are always grabbing rocks from their mouths! Oh puppies....what fun! :roll:

Stacy
Coal's Mom

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Sorry Stacy, Bitter Apple didn't work for us. But, hot sauce did! The thing that worried me about the hot sauce is if they get it in their eyes...but with my dogs, when they got a taste of it they recognized the scent and wouldn't go near anything with it on.
Rocks are a common thing for these guys to eat. It is rather dangerous too...my dogs ate them all the time and when I mentioned it to my vet, he told me about a dog that they had to operate on who had about a pound of gravel in his stomach! Yikes!
Mine never had a medical problem associated with the rocks, thank goodness.
Some dogs just like to explore with their mouths...sounds like yours do!
One of the first things you will want to train is the command to "leave it". Then watch Coal all the time while he is outside until he stops being so inquisitive. (I know, much easier said than done!)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi Stacy I've never tried the bitter apple so not sure how it works, the hot sauce I would be afraid to use but it seems others have with sucess, I guess that was one thing we didn't think of was the yard and making it safe for the pups!!! :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts