Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Boy, I am learning a lot about our new puppy. Today when we got home Biscuit would not stop biting. It was to the point that we could not move without a nip. Not like him, but he is only 9 weeks old.

Well, I soon realized that Biscuit was hungry. :D He ate almost 2 cups of dog food. He was so hungry I think he was trying to tell me to feed him.

So, for the new moms. I have found that Biscuit is bitey for two reasons. He is tired or hungry. Each day I lean more about him. And, each day he changes.

Good luck with the puppies! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Susan, thanks for the insight! I had never considered those reasons, this will help many "new mothers and fathers" understand, but it will also help those of us who are selling puppies. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Susan, it is a continual learning process with these adorable little guys. I don't know how often you are feeding him but at 9 wks of age he should be getting fed 3 times daily and his total daily allowance of feed should be divided up between these 3 meals. It is very important not to overfeed your puppy as this will only cause problems as he grows. Obesity can cause hip dysplacia. 2 cups of feed at one sitting is an awful lot to feed him. Please feed him according to the feeding instructions on the bag of feed you are feeding, you can adjust the amount to some degree but don't go overboard. I just don't want you to have problems in the future :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts