Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been using Health pro Biscuits and gravy treats basically since I got Jonah. My local Pet Supplies Plus no longer carries them. Any body have any recommendations or a website that rates treats, similar to the one for dog food? These treats were great....no grains, holistic, made in the USA.

G

·
Maya loves her Wellness yogart, apple and bannana bars. Made in the USA. She also gets apple treats by Nutro. i get the Wellness bars at Pet Supplies Plus and the Nutro treats are from Petsmart. Maya has a very sensitive tummy and these work well for her.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We use Natural Balance (Dick Van Patten) biscuits. We feed the same variety as our food (duck/potato or sweet potato/fish)...they are grain free and I think are sold at Petco (we order online). They make large and small biscuits...we use the large to go in Kongs and the small for training treats.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can still find the fresh bites, but they had an apple and a peanut butter one that they loved. These are the treats I leave them when I go to work or leave to run errands. I liked the size, and LOVED the price. I'll do some more research. Unfortunately with the boys, Kongs cause a little too much food aggression. Just wanted to know what others use.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mary!! almost double the price I used to pay....think I'll do some research and find something new. I did buy my store out of their stock when they had them 50% off!

G

·
I give Maya Ziggies when I leave but they are expensive too. Sorry I guess that wasn't much help. I need to find somewhere that sells those things bulk. I think they are like $6-7 for a box of 4. She does love them though!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have to go to Pet Supply Plus today. I'll check and see if mine has any left. Is the apple & PB one biscuit or are they two seperate flavors?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two separate flavors. I think the mfg is redoing the packaging because it looks different on their site. Couldn't get a straight answer from the people at the store. They just said a lot of customers were upset that they didn't have them any longer.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i picked up a box of Nutro Max bisquit s at Petsmart..seems like alot of us shop there :p

but, some of u check it out too..i was told at the vet..that a bisquit can be
equilivant of a 1/4 Pounder to our dog s.. :?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SadieFern said:
I was able to nab the last three boxes at my PSP. Let me know if you want them!
See if Sadie likes them, if not, I'll take them. I really need to do my research and find something new....

·
Registered
247 Posts
hi gene,
i'm not sure about a rating for these, but i love the wellness treats:
http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/dog_well ... index.html

when we got shaia she couldn't eat ANYTHING - every treat gave her the 'rhea except these. they are grain-free and all natural, very few ingredients, all good. they're not cheap but great for training, as they come in little bites.

ziggies were great for the kong but they make shaia puke - and then i read the label more closely and realized they had sweet potato - the culprit for her. oh well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts