Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Biscuit is 5 months old. I have noticed his coat has changed color from white to apricot. The fur on his back is a little curly but he just looks scruffy. He's got the doodle face but his coat is very straight. Does anyone know if his coat will change.

Thanks.

Susan

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is Biscuit an F1? If so, the coats on F1s vary greatly. Usually those that are curly to begin with remain somewhat curly, and those that are straight to begin with remain pretty straight. Some coats do change when they blow their puppy coat and get in their adult coat (8-10 months) but often the adult coat is not THAT different from the puppy coat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dulcie isn't looking as I'd hoped

I know we shouldn't get our hopes up when buying a doodle, and she really is a lovely dog, but she hasn't got the coat I had hoped for at all. She is very lab like, and moults quite a lot. I am kinda hoping she is blowing her coat or just losing the winter one, and that she may come through with a slightly longer shaggier look, but I very much doubt it. I feel very guilty that I have these feelings just based on her looks, but I do still feel a wincy bit disapointed. She also used to have a lovely big hound face as she was growing, but she now seems to be all body! Sorry for the moan, but when I see all the lovely looking doodles on here, I wish her coat had grown, even just a little more! Some of her photos are on the gallery, if you'd like to take a look and let me know. Sometimes I even wonder if she is a doodle at all!

[/img]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts