Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a 9 week old kitten 2 weeks ago and I saw this today... my labradoodle is a 16month old male, very loving dog but I would never expected him to adopt a kitten as his little son. It just feels strange seeing a male kitten suckling on a male dogs teat. I try discouraging it but the little kitten keep doing it and bigfoot does not mind.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow, animals are amazing! I would rather have that peaceful situation than hissing, barking and chasing.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
holy cow that is unusual! but as was said, I don't see anything wrong with it (as long as they are getting along)...very cute photo!

haha...our two would not be like that with a kitten...I know they would chase it!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So very sweet ... and I'm with Gene ... it's just comfort and love for both of them.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Actually it is not that unusual for the kitten
and dog to behave like that.
That is why the experts tell you to get a kitten/puppy
to go with your adult cat/dog.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh i just got home from work and doing legal paperwork

and this picture made my day and really relaxed as how could it not!
it's sooooooooooooo cute and peaceful!!! what a great doodle too :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Years ago our kitten "nursed on my Irish Setter who was only about a year old....One teat got very swollen and infected....we had to take the setter to the vet and discourage the kitten from latching on anymore....

Don't know what happened to cause that....but it was sweet while we could let the kitty use the dog as a pacifier.... :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Isn't nature wonderful? Bigfoot evidentally has a heart of gold and is very 'fatherly' to your new kitten! Beautiful,heartwarming picture! Thanks for sharing!!! :wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks eveyone. it has been a few days now n the kitten is still suckling. i am trying to stop it because one of bigfoot's nipple is red. bigfoot sleeps inside his crate during the evening. hope that ends it soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts