Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, my heartfelt thanks to all of you who've been there for me during my long months of soul searching and research into becoming a Labradoodle breeder. You are super, and this group has really been special!

Next, in the course of my careful research, a wonderful opportunity presented itself, so "Tegan Park Devotion," arrived in my life yesterday :D :D :D , direct from Melbourne, Australia, where she's produced and raised two litters of ten healthy pups in the breeding program at Tegan Park. They tell me she's an easy whelper and a great mother, who will be training Me!

More than that, she arrived in heat(!), so things are about to move pretty quickly.

"Deva" is said to be one of the pups who left her cavorting litter and came running to hang out with Humans, hence the name Devotion. She's a chocolate cafe standard, wool coat, and really well mannered lady. It took only one low growl on my part to move her nose out of my dinner last night, and she didn't try it again. Her soft milk chocolate coat fades to blond at the ends, so she already looks like a California surfer dude, and she just got here!

I'm thrilled! Again, THANK YOU for your support. It has made all the difference in taking my life in a whole new direction. More questions will follow, I'm sure. I surely hope you still talk to multi gen breeders!

Deb Burroughs
Valley Center, CA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Deb, Congratulations!!!! This is how you post photos, you need to something like photobucket, it is the easiest, upload the photos to the site then:

you need two browser windows open, one for the forum and one for your photobucket album. If you just click on the IMG line it will highlight, go up to the edit menue and click on copy. then go to the forum window and open your posting, go up to the edit menue and click on paste and the image address should show up. Click on the quote button on this posting and you will see the address of your photo shown here. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
nope sorry no talking to multi gen people here ;) just kidding, congrats. just remember us little people :)

kidding. wow noticed you are in valley center, kim is in escondido. I think I really should move back ugh I miss palomar mountain motorcycle riding :) anyone have room for a trailer and a few dogs while I find a place?!

oh yea dogs right, shes cute!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow Deb! I didn't know you were in Valley Center! We should meet at the dog park sometime on Valley Parkway. I go there sort of regularly. I would love to meet you and your dogs.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Movistar - COME ON BACK! It would be great fun to have you play with us at the dog park! :lol: Housing prices aren't going up anymore and I think are even coming down a little bit.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I keep looking, but I know I will never be able to go back to rancho san pasqual
WHY DID I SELLLLLLLLLLLLLL argh should have rented!

now if I am luck I can afford a 2bd condo! lol

have a wedding to attend there in april if I make it I will post and have a mini romp with everyone!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Oh yes........Rancho San Pasqual is quite pricey now........

After living here for 12 years, and then moving back to NY state where I grew up, I felt like I would rather live in a shack in California than the big beautiful Victorian house I had there. We only stayed for 18 months and then moved back here. I was very grateful to be able to come back. :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lisarundell, thanks for the tips on posting photos. That's precisely what I'd tried to do, except was attempting to copy and paste direct from an email. I'll try againg from the photo bucket and see if it flies.

I don't have a digital camera yet, so this is a quick snapshot taken under duress when I was clamoring for photos of my prospective foundation bitch, and they were dodging bush fires in Australia, in fact nearly had to evacuate the entire kennel! Hence no grooming or fancy poses... I'll have more on this later when I choose a camera. I'm considering an SLR, since there will be puppy pix needed for posting before I know it! Mr. Stud Dog is coming in from his guardian home this weekend to stand at the ready!

Hopefully, here she is... Deva, the California Surfer Doodette!

Deb & Deva

Still not working. What's a photobucket? Would it be easier for me to email a photo to a computer literate? I've managed to get the email photo to HP Photosmart Premiere, but I am still not getting the Paste option highlighted when attempting to transfer it.

Computers are so good when the operater is perfect!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gee whiz, Movistar, come on back! As a former Illini, I know how much you'd miss the warm climate this time of year! Yes, I understand that prices are relaxing a bit in some markets here. Do you have a Realtor you can ask about it? If not, I know a horse trainer who just got her license, and is eager to go.

Kim, are you in Escondido??? Super. I pass that doggie park every time I come down the hill, in fact will probably get very familiar with it, as it's home to the really fabulous Hidden Valley Obedience Club. They've got some Superb instructors there, from puppy class all the way through show handling, a Wide assortment of classes. They say they have a doodle there who's doing very well in school. www.hvoc.org

I'd love to meet your doods, but may pass on the joint romp for the near future, as Deva is still in culture shock from her journey, and she's a very reserved girl. Couple this with two vet visits already in her first three days here, and multiple trips to the stud coming up in the next week. (Hopefully she'll LIKE rides in the truck after that one!) She needs to get comfortable knowing she has a home before I impose any more on her. (She finally had the courage to approach the doodle in the bedroom mirror, and the dog seems to be echoing her tail wags and invitations to play, but she's having trouble getting any further response from it. At least she finally let out a tiny whimper at that dood in the mirror. I'd begun to wonder if I'd Ever hear a peep out of her!)

Plus, as an Aussie, she's not had rabies innoculation, and I'm not about to visit those toxins on the zygotes that I hope will be on board Very Soon. I think I'll keep her pretty close to home until pups are weaned, then broaden her horizons. But yes, let's meet. PM me for contact details.

So far, all systems are GO. Her blood work and thyroid came back perfect. BVA hip score is 8, with 12 being normal, and smaller numbers better. Is anyone familiar with the BVA system, and how it compares to OFA or PennHip?

The vet thought that elbow testing is an xray taken under sedation. Anyone have the details on that? I would not want to radiate her now.

Uh-oh, just got off the phone... the poor thing... we just got back from the vet for the bruc. and progesterone tests, and will now be leaving in fifteen minutes for the CERF test! I feel like I'm betraying the trust she finally began to offer me last night! Another two hour round trip in the truck, maybe Much longer considering Friday afternoon rush hour on a two lane road from the coast!

Deb & Deva
Valley Center, CA

·
Registered
853 Posts
You sure do sound busy right now Deb. I took Doc to HVOC for two classes. The instructor's just loved him. There was a goldendoodle going there also. They do a great job there.

Do you have another doodle besides the female you just got? You have an Aussie?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
lieverdmom said:
Gee whiz, Movistar, come on back! As a former Illini, I know how much you'd miss the warm climate this time of year! Yes, I understand that prices are relaxing a bit in some markets here. Do you have a Realtor you can ask about it? If not, I know a horse trainer who just got her license, and is eager to go.

The vet thought that elbow testing is an xray taken under sedation. Anyone have the details on that? I would not want to radiate her now.

Uh-oh, just got off the phone... the poor thing... we just got back from the vet for the bruc. and progesterone tests, and will now be leaving in fifteen minutes for the CERF test! I feel like I'm betraying the trust she finally began to offer me last night! Another two hour round trip in the truck, maybe Much longer considering Friday afternoon rush hour on a two lane road from the coast!

Deb & Deva
Valley Center, CA
I was a realtor last year and this in montana so I am a tough client ;) your friends name wouldnt be robin would it?

elbow testing was an xray under sedation with OFA, pennhip does not do elbows, I have not checked into bva so I know nothing about it at all :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes to Busy, I'm looking forward to finding time for that luxury called Sleep! On top of which I spent six days last week supervising workers to get some work done around here before the monsoons begin in earnest. Have to laugh, I hired a couple of military guys for the day and told them they'd be working for Frank. When they arrived and saw a Caterpillar clearing brush, they approached it, expecting to meet Frank. No... yours truly! That was a gas driving that thing! I suppose they Really thought I'd gone around the bend when I stood outside the back door and blew on a conch shell to signal lunch! ... Then a long weekend in Hawaii and back on the red-eye just in time to meet Deva. I'm Pooped!

Kim, My only dog at this time is Deva, just arrived from Melbourne, Aus. , and yes, she's Australian. She's had quite a go of it, leaving her lifetime home several days ahead of being picked up by the shippers from a different kennel, then spent the night with the shipper before flying and has done nothing but vet visits since she got here. Poor thing! At least the salesman who helped us at PetCo had a huge flopping Afro that she followed all over the store... I think she mistook him for a doodle!

Hey, CERF test normal, and she climbed into the truck by herself when leaving the vet. She's catching on! Our next trip should be the stud visit, which ought to cement riding as a Good thing!

No movistar, Robin is not my Realtor friend. I spent eight years in the business in Hawaii, so I'm a pretty tough customer myself. :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts