Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on going to my Dave's parents home on the way to our kid's place in a couple of weeks and I need ideas. We're trying to figure out how to get Cinnamon through an apartment lobby without her touching the floor. She weighs 60 or so pounds so it's not like we can carry her. Ok, Dave could but I'm trying to think of some alternative here. They live 12 floors up, but there are elevators. The tenants are allowed dogs in their apartments but no dogs in the lobby. Most of the dog owners have strollers they use to go through the lobby to go out. Got any ideas? I don't want to just leave her in the car, we're there to visit not run in and out.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
How long will you be there? If you're just talking one or two visits, then I'd carry her. No use buying and packing something you're not likely to use again. And what a weird rule!

Deb

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree...very strange rule! So you are allowed to have dogs but if they aren't allowed in the Lobby then HOW do you get them to the apartment? If they are in strollers they are still in the lobby...maybe to protect the floors from doggie nails?

Anyway, you may want to ask if they could walk through the lobby if they have boots or socks on (if the building's goal is to protect the floors from nail scratches?). Socks or boots would be a lot cheaper than buying a stroller and a lot easier to travel with. That would be a funny sight to see a big doodle in a stroller. If you do go the stroller route, make sure you post pictures! :lol: Maybe a cheap stroller from a used baby store or borrow a neighbors lightweight wagon that their kids use if the socks/boots are out of the question?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I was thinking a wagon but it's not very portable

I'm not sure about a 60lb pup in a stroller, you may have to get a stroller made for two kiddos to handle the weight I'd check salv army stores,goodwill consignment stores see is you can get a stroller cheap

That is a bizaar rule :shock:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it is a weird rule. I said the same thing when I heard about it. I think the rule is there to keep dogs from using the lobby as a fire hydrant, if you get the drift. That's all they would need is one to start and the others trying to cover the scent.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Any chance you could borrow one of your parents' neighbors strollers while you're visiting? Seems absurd to have to purchase a stroller just to visit and unwieldy to purchase/transport one of those hand trucks for big loads. Cali would probably freak and jump off!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I would carry her. Any chance when you arrive you can let her walk through quickly and maybe nobody will notice? Or is there a doorman?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can't think of any practical answers but the following came to mind...

Cinamon on a skateboard, on stilts, in a shopping trolley or perhaps dressed in a big hat and coat so no-one need know she is a doodle?!? It is a rather extreme rule. If the problem is about marking in the lobby, could you not just put a dog diaper on her while she goes through? I think they exist! I hope you find a good solution.

Libby

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Becky...there are rent a centers around...perhaps you could rent a baby stroller

Or have your relatives see is there are any places that rent them
Carrying cinnamon may get tiring if she weighs over 40lbs

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
another choice would be to get a large very heavy duty plastic laundry basket, go to lowes/homedepot get a set of caster wheels and put them on bottom, attach a rope and wheel pup thru the lobby :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
How about a baby backpack???? It certainly would save you both from back pain!!! Again, if you go this route, you've GOT to get pics!!! Good luck! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE....that one tickled my funny bone hahahahha

QUESTION; how much does this puppy weigh that we're talking about???
and big/tall???? i do have an idea

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pig Mask!!1 I love that one... and we needed a laugh after all the snow that continues to fall with Emily refusing to do her business in the snow -- hard to find green patch today :( :(

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think a mask would do. Pigs aren't allowed in the apartments. Just dogs & cats. No livestock, this is TN we're talking about. (Nashville)

I thought about a collapsible crate on a dolly. My son thinks there should be a freight elevator somewhere. My hubby wants to forget it, but I think it's important that he get to see his parents. They just moved there, so we've not had this problem before.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG...........that is toooooo funny MINDI hahhaaaaaaa

OK get a collapsible handtruck combo dolly, strap your doodle to it and off ya go. Sams club sells them

1 - 20 of 64 Posts