Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prospective new owner here--have been researching extensively on the minigolden's and minilabradoodles. We have 3 children ages 13,11, and 2 1/2. Between the two breeds, can any one tell me the differences between the two. They both look great to me.
Thanks so much--so glad I found this board!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site!

I breed Labradoodles, so theyr'e what I've come to know. From my perspective, either would be great. You do need to look more at the individual puppies rather than the breeding I think. Of the dozen pups I currently have, I see a lot of difference in their activity levels, how assertive, sensitive, and rough or gentle they are. Some are most content to sit and cuddle with you and others want to be constantly wrestling and on the go. They're as different as your children probably are. It's up to you to decide what type would best fit into your family.

Good luck and best wishes in finding a pup. There are many wonderful ones out there.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hhhaaa thanks MINDI

and HI!!

Peanut a golden GD...doesn't shed and is small std at 21 in high, shaggy, wavy hair and they calm right down when mature just like a goldenretriever , they bond with the whole family and lOVE EVERYONE THEY MEET. Is great with tiny and big kids
They're also goofy, sometimes puppyish longer and tons of fun

Max a black LD has no doggy odor, loves kids but is rougher with big kids and/or teenagers but good with toddlers, sheds a little, is a mamma's boy and comical 24/7 but listens really well. Black doesn't show dirt and he also has NO doggy odor

Both are great dogs, though at times I'd say a goldendoodle may be easier with kids if they're small? i could be wrong

Thing to look for whether it's a LD OR GD is
TEMPERAMENT first, color, coat 2nd

good luck and nice to meet you
you can PM me if you have other questions or want to see pics on my photobucket site

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

I would have to add it depends on the parents of the pups also, this is going to make a difference in either one, if you have high strung parents in the goldendoodle or the labradoodle it will effect the pups. I always tell my puppy buyers, Temperament and health are the two most important things, then the others fall in line. But the temperament and health of the parents also comes into play. Make sure the breeder you pick temperament test the parents and health test them, I would suggest Hips, Elbows, Eyes, and some blood work at least if they don't do these then I would keep looking. Also make sure they offer at least a 2 year health guarantee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice! We have decided to go with a minilabradoodle. Will meet our breeder in 2 weeks and the litter is due in Dec--can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum! Just curious as to how you came to your decision. I have a Labradoodle....and am getting a second in December.
She is born, just not old enough yet to bring home.....would love to know why you chose to go with the lab over the golden....for no particular reason....just wondering.

8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats and welcome to the doodleaholic club :D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being that I could not find any differences between the golden vs lab our decision to go with a mini-lab was due to complete confidence in our very experienced breeder which is only a 3 hour drive away.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Great! Sounds good to me!! Hope you are as excited as we are to get our new pup!! This breed is the bet we have ever had!! And....we LOVED all our other dogs in the past....just REALLY LOVE this one!!

Glad to know you settled on an experienced breeder....always wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts