Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Family tries so hard to find me toys,activities to keep me entertained and not destroyable whithin 5 minutes.
Im am happy to announce.."I think she got it".
It's called Tug-a-Jug by premier.
When Mama gave this to me the first time, I was busy trying to figure out how to get the food out of it for hours and hours.Shes sure smart, It kept me so busy I never thought of shredding a thing.Mama loves not vacumming.I did manage to chew off the rope and rubber,but the people at premier are so good they sent mama replacement parts for my tug-a-jug,and explained to her how to properly have me play with it.I give this
:p :p :p :p :p 5 Smile Rating.

Tug-a-Jug™

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tug-a-Jug provides a multi-sensory appeal to keep your dog engaged and motivated to play. The unique design of this patented toy allows dogs to see, smell, & hear the treats as they roll around in the jug. The Tug-a-Jug not only dispenses treats, it can also be used for obedience training and feeding meals.

Available in 2 sizes.

http://www.premier.com/View.aspx?page=d ... escription

i

i

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, all I can say is that my Mama has spent more money for toys for me than food,I destroy all toys within 5 minutes.No toy is Max proof.
This toy is still in one piece,lots of scratches later, but one piece, and I carry it all over the house and bring it with me wher ever I go.
I managed to chew off the rope ,but that took me a week, and the rubber i havent completly destroyed that one yet,I even managed to my mamas surprise to unscrew the jug and get my treats out...but she outsmarted me and tightened it better,I've yet to do this again.
The Person mama talked to at Premier ,said that for the doodle she recommended 2 toys especially for strong chewers.From the Busy Buddy line, they recommend the Squirrel Dude or the Bouncy Bone.
Mamas still looking for thise toys for me.
:p

·
Registered
150 Posts
this might work for my doodle. my golden, on the other hand. the first thing she would do is chew the rope to shreds. still, i might give it a try. the squirrel dude looks interesting also.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao would so brake it in minutes. She has been going thru toys the past few weeks. Is that a way to say a doodle is growing. Like kids sleep and eat you out of house and home. Well she is chewing me out of toys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Best Doodle toy/treat

We have tried just about every "indestructable" toy there is... I will have to try and give this one a shot! Jameson's favorite toys that we have bought him so far are the Orka Jack w/ Rope (he chewed the rope off in 2 seconds...) and a dummy launcher that we got on clearance at WalMart. It looks just like the dummy's that they throw off the docks on the Ultimate Dog Championships. They were marked down from $24.99 to $5. We bought one and we played with it with him for about 20 minutes, put it away on the shelf under the kitchen window outside (in a empty flower pot) and he helped himself to it and chewed off the hook that attached it to the launcher. So we bought another and keep it out of sight until we are ready to play with him! :lol:

ORKA JACK:
http://www.petco.com/product/14802/Pets ... -Rope.aspx

Hyper dog Dummy Launcher
http://www.americaoutdoor.com/Products. ... tId=135953

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner didn't destroy it, it is very tough, he just couldn't be bothered...would rather fetch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanted to say "thanks" for recommending the tug a jug! We picked one up for Maya today and she was busy with it for hours. Our vet recommended Cheerios as treats so we filled it up and had a ball watching her try to get them out. I thought she may get frustrated but she figured it out pretty quickly. I love this thing!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I need one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone guess ... I'm having a bad night :? :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
FoodLady said:
I need one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone guess ... I'm having a bad night :? :shock: :roll:
bahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
Well it certainly cannot be anything that Ebbe is doing............
Not with that innocent pretty face...........
I would not believe that Angel could do anything wrong........

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh, oh Ebbe! Sounds like you need to give your mom some kisses and some big brown eyes that say 'I'm sorry Mom, I didn't mean to....'

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Oh no Ebbe - were you bad?

P.S. We got a tug a jug here too and the boys love it. Kirby figured out how to empty the food out of it today :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pixie isn't too interested in hers, either. Although if she figured out how to get the treats out, she might like it better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just wanted to thank-you for the recommendation!! I saw this posting on the forum and thought it would be a good purchase for Sienna (our pup). She is not too interested in her toys unless you are very interested in them too (which tires us out faster than her) and she is very food motivated (she loves training for treats).

We placed an order online after reading your post and received the tug-a-jug in the mail yesterday. We filled it with her kibble and tried it out and she became obsessed with it!! It is so great... we can actually walk into the other room and not worry about what she is getting into. I think it kept her occupied for at least 30-40min. Thank you so much for the great idea!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts