Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new breeder and interested in feedback on how to find qualified buyers. I have been working on my site, http://www.mountaincreeklabradoodles.com, we are having puppies at the end of the month and I need to step u pthe advertising.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW - All the posts I have read here have been great! There seem to be a lot of experienced breeders willing to share their knowledge.

Tom

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I LOVE your site. Seriously... its very beautiful, as is your scrumptious Linnie!

Depending on the age of your female and if you have had the necessary
tests (your site doesnt specify health testing) and depending on your guarantee (again no mention of a guarantee - that I saw but I could have missed it or you haven't put it up yet!) anyway my point is if you have all that in place you could advertise at Labradoodle sites. :)

btw Good Luck to you on your first litter.... :) It is such a joy. Have your vet number handy just in case and I see you had a stud so you probably have a lot of advice from them huh? Have a great litter!
Let us know how it goes :)

ok I peeked at r-n-l as well and see they make no mention of health testing either. also they only offer a 12 month guarantee.

**lecture on**

if you havent (and its too late for this litter on your bitch because she is pregnant, but a few months after she is done lactating you can pennhip anytime after 6 months or OFA if she is 2)
go get your health testing done and then offer a minimum 2 year guarantee. then get yourself on some labradoodle sites.

(if you have done this already disregard lecture ;)

**lecture off**

btw feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything more or this more in depth, what I have learned I have learned from some fabulous reputable breeders and I would be happy to chat with you :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello Tom and welcome :) You have a nice website and as movistar said, the first thing I noticed is you have no mention of health testing on your dogs. This is a must if you want to be taken seriously in the Labradoodle breeding world. No one wants to see bad genetics passed on to these wonderful puppies (or any puppies for that matter) so one of the first things a prospective buyer is going to look for is testing on the parents then they look to see what kind of guarantee is offered. If you have done the testing, please get it posted on your website along with your guarantee.

There are a lot of wonderful places to advertise, this site being one of them but all the advertising in the world is going to be a waste of your money if you aren't doing the health testing. This is the best advise I can give you. Please don't take offense to our "preaching" but breeding is not to be taken lightly and I'm not saying that you are, we all learn from each other in this business and Lord knows I have been given lots of constructive criticism along the way. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
welcome!

hi and welcome Tom,
You've gotten the lecture about testing. Labs often are stopped in breeding by their hips, and since that test can be $100 & up, it's usually where breeders start. Your Linnie is adorable!

Using tested males is another step in choosing to be reputable and able to stand in confidence behind your puppies.

After you get Linnie's hips x-rayed and graded -- I prefer OFA to PennHip, personally -- Go to the "breeder issues" in 2007 for a group order of the vWD test for Linnie, since, if you are breeding f1b's both parents could carry, and should be cleared, for that awful blood disorder.

Email me if you like about advertising. pets4You.com is a hUGE advertising service.... breedersclub.net is another one. Mark has a listing as well. puppysites.com and starting out don't forget the free sites! :wink:

Jac has mentioned a good tool: SEARCH for previous posts. It's hard to believe that most questions haven't been covered. It happens, but the search could give you immediate answers. :D

Again, WELCOME!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi: Congrats on your first litter. Just peaked at your web page, looks great but I didnt have a chance to surf around and read it.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Terri Lynn!!! I have put a lot of work into the site, and hope to have it ready when the puppies arrive.

Does anyone know good copy for a health gaurantee? I know Linnie hasnt been tested yet, but I would like to offer a gaurantee in the meantime.

Also, Maureen, what are the free sites you mentioned. I am listed with labradoodle-dogs.net, and plan to get listed on other pay sites when the puppies are here. But I havent found much in the way of free sites.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts