Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm trying to follow the rules here. Without advertising myself, I'l like some information about advertising litters. This has been a super site to answer questions I've had about doodles.

Our family adventure has paid off. We have a new litter of 8 beautiful, healthy doodles--including the one born in a snowbank because I thought the mother was finished and needed a bathroom break; her name is Yetti. Because I don't have a lengthy breeding reputation as some of you do (don't hate me--we had the hips, eyes, etc. tested before breeding, so we believe we're responsible breeders), I'm not able to sell all the pups by word-of-mouth.

I'll use this site as one form of advertising, but I'm interested in finding out what else works. Any suggestions are appreciated.

(By the way, an earlier question I posted about what colors to expect from this litter were exactly right--half light and half dark.)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Cindy, congratulations on your new litter. I didn't find you listed in the Breeders Directory on this website. Since I don't know the name of your kennel, I did a search for breeders in Wisconsin but nothing came up. The best form of advertising for a new breeder is a website and then advertise on sites like this one that you can link your website to or that offers a small website to advertise your puppies on. After you have a litter or two, word of mouth and references from previous buyers are priceless :!:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Cindy,
Congratulations!
I think that it is really important to network. Using this forum and other forums to discuss your breeding program, people get to know you and soon will recommend people to you if they know that you are going to stand behind your buyers with health warranties and good business practices. I commend you on your testing of the dogs. That is so important...be prepared to tell people the test results as well as the fact that you tested and that will also help build your credibility.
You just need to become known in the community (Labradoodle community) and word will spread.
I'll send a private message to you with some other ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Advertising

I'd love to advertise on this site, but I can't seem to complete the necessary steps. Although I fill in a name and email address, I have not received the next-step directions that are supposed to be emailed to me. (By the way, I'm a high school computer teacher. This really shouldn't be difficult!)

Our website is fernwoodlabradoodles.com

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Cindy, I will shoot Mark an e-mail and have him get ahold of you so you can get to advertising :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
congratulations Cindy on your new litter. I will soon be in the same situation with you. Hopefully expecting my first litter of puppies this summer! Good luck.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Terri Lynn, I'm excited to see your puppies :!: I will also be breeding F1B Goldendoodles hopefully late this year. They are sooooo adorable, I can't wait :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
great news. I sure do love the Goldendoodles. I am just a bit biased b/c i have never owned a Labradoodle. I am sure they are just as fabulous! My female was in heat last in Dec so hopefully maybe in june she will cycle again, that would Aug babies. I have a lot to learn as this will be my first litter. Thankfully my girlfriend just down the road has been breeding dogs for years and is a great resouce of information.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
That is great that you have a mentor :) It is also great that you have a friend close by with the same interest as you. Linda and I are very lucky in that way. She is expecting her first litter of multi-gen puppies and I am getting one of the males from that litter and I have already made plans to be at her place when Lucy goes into labor. We are very excited about it and it is so much fun to be able to share the same kind of excitement with a friend. It makes it even more special :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts